ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec

Ok thanks for telling me what I saw and didn't see. Geeze. I guess "detail" was the wrong word. No I didn't see astronauts waving from the windows, but it was obvious it was the ISS.

And I still enjoy watching it zoom overhead.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=#008000][I]Montrose Colorado ARC Sunday night nets 0100z 147.195 and 0130z 3.992.5
    [SIZE=3]
    [SIZE=2]"So long, and thanks for all the fish"[/SIZE][/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well you used the word detail and made it sound like you could make out features naked eye on the ISS. That simply isn't possible with the naked eye. Like I have said I even tried with 9X63 binoculars and it was still a pinpoint. Figuring the human eye has a angular resolution of about 1 minute of arc and the ISS is around 40 to 50 arc seconds in angular diameter on average, its gonna be very difficult to see any kind of detail. Adding to difficulty, the ISS is very bright when close and the glare off the solar panels would also make it difficult.

As long as you enjoyed watching it zoom overhead is all that counts though I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2