ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl

Question Yaesu FT-847 Software suggestions

I recently acquired the radio (used via QRZ classifieds) noted in the title. It has the capability of computer control (Yaesu CAT system) but the software would be third party. Since this is an older radio, is there a software package currently available that you would recommend for taking advantage of the computer control options? The computer I want to use is a Windows XP OS that is fully updated.

TIA....

Quote Originally Posted by N5TWB View Post
    I recently acquired the radio (used via QRZ classifieds) noted in the title. It has the capability of computer control (Yaesu CAT system) but the software would be third party. Since this is an older radio, is there a software package currently available that you would recommend for taking advantage of the computer control options? The computer I want to use is a Windows XP OS that is fully updated.

TIA....
    DXLab supports your FT-847, and is free. See What Makes DXLab Different

Dave, AA6YQ

Thanks for your response - I was beginning to despair for an answer and failed to check back regularly. I love free stuff and will certainly look into DXLab.

Have you tried Ham Radio Deluxe? Version 5.x is free, and it's pretty comprehensive.