ad: portazero-1

CQ CQ Southwest Buddipole Users and anyone intrested!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7CEP, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7CEP

K7CEP Ham Member QRZ Page

New Yahoo Group For Arizona: Southwest Buddipole Users Group (SWBUG) Antenna For Portable Operations.

A bunch of Arizona hams have launched a Yahoo Group regarding the Buddipole/Buddistick owners and users of the BP antenna system for our unique SW environmental conditions here in Arizona and surrounding states. Heat, aridity, dust, sandstorms, wind, desert and mountain topography, upcoming hamfests, SOTAs (Summits On The Air) and get- togethers are potential topics.

This is not a commercial group. We all are hams who are just happy and satisfied to use the lightweight Buddipole system for portable (backpackable, quick set-up for DX, NVIS, highly configurable for HF, VHF, and UHF) including ARES/RACES operations and have found considerable success. And we regional BP users will be pleased to travel to assist new owners with set-up and tuning. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/<wbr>swbug/ .

2. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

You mean 'interested'?

3. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nah, that's how they say it out in Arizona. InTrested.
    :)
    We in New Mexico pronounce it much the same.
    LOL

4. K5RHD

K5RHD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Howdy Lee! Are you working the NM QSO this weekend? I am going to try and get out to a park here in the Seattle area and make some NM contacts. Hoping to make contact with some of the 58 group.

/randy

5. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome! yeah, ill give it a shot!! we miss you! what bands you going to work?

6. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried out a Buddipole when I was in Cambodia DXing as XU7XXX.............I will withhold comment on what I think of the product.

As long as everyone else is plugging the NM QSO Party, let me plug one also. I will be operating mobile from South Dakota later this month. This is a great way of working SD for WAS on either SSB or CW.

South Dakota QSO Party: 1700Z, Apr 21 to 1700Z, Apr 22

All you Buddipole users (& even ones who aren't) please listen for KCØW/m operating mostly CW but some SSB from SD.

Tom KCØW

7. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like the sunspot peak is beginning to look like a peak.....FINALLY. I worked Chris yesterday on 10 meters VP2MYZ and had a nice QSO. Today I worked Bud VP2MFF wwith the famous Buddi-pole on 17 meters. He was running quite a pileup on 17 meters. He then asked for any QRP stations, 5 watts or less, and stations began to check in. That was cool. I worked him again with 5 watts, much to my surprise. Today 17 meters was COOK-IN. Stations worldwide were on 18.157

8. K5RHD

I will be on 14.280 and/or 21.380, IF the weather is good. I will be operating QRP so I am not sure how that will work out but I am going to give it a try.

9. K5RHD

I will have my Buddistick and my TW2010 and will be performing A/B comparison. I will listen for SD, too.

10. K9ROD

K9ROD Ham Member QRZ Page

Buddipole Yahoo Group

I have a couple of really neat Amateur Radio Yahoo Groups too. Can I write an article about them and have it published here on QRZ, or is this just an ad for the Buddipole? How about it Fred? :confused: My groups are related to several amateur radios that people need information and help with. Shoot, I might as well put a plug in for my web site and the information I have there. Like the propagation info shown at the top of the QRZ home page, however I've given credit to the Ham that developed it. ;)

Rod K9ROD :cool: www.k9rod.net

11. K6BBQ

K6BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will look for you Arizona, New Mexico and Montana QSO Party guys on Saturday. I will be operating tricycle mobile with my FT-857D and Buddistick antenna. If you are interested in my trike mobile setup, look at my QRZ page. I may be recording the QSOs to make a video of the outing.

I hope to work those of you in your state QSO parties on Saturday.

12. KO5AOK

KO5AOK Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of the buddipole... I twice OSOed with Buddipole inventor Budd Drummond W3FF while he rode his tricycle mobile in CA. I was in CO on my QRP FT-817 @ 5 watts while I did this. I hope to one day QSO with him with my QRP bicycle mobile (photo on my QRZ page), but I have a hamstick on the bike, not a buddipole.

Mike
    KG7UFO

13. K6BBQ

K6BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike, you and I are also going to have to QSO - your bicycle mobile to my tricycle mobile. I like your QRZ page and your photos.

Any other bike mobile stations reading this, please contact me to set up a bike mobile to mobile sked.

Rem
    K6BBQ

14. N2ZNC

N2ZNC Ham Member QRZ Page

we caught Budd yesterday operating from Monserat. We were operating solar powered portable on 17m using a buddypole and an inverted dipole.

george
    N2ZNC

15. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked a few NM and MT stations while using a Buddipole vertical in VA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.