Callsign
ad: Waters-2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CQ CQ Southwest Buddipole Users and anyone intrested!

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl

Default CQ CQ Southwest Buddipole Users and anyone intrested!

New Yahoo Group For Arizona: Southwest Buddipole Users Group (SWBUG) Antenna For Portable Operations.

A bunch of Arizona hams have launched a Yahoo Group regarding the Buddipole/Buddistick owners and users of the BP antenna system for our unique SW environmental conditions here in Arizona and surrounding states. Heat, aridity, dust, sandstorms, wind, desert and mountain topography, upcoming hamfests, SOTAs (Summits On The Air) and get- togethers are potential topics.

This is not a commercial group. We all are hams who are just happy and satisfied to use the lightweight Buddipole system for portable (backpackable, quick set-up for DX, NVIS, highly configurable for HF, VHF, and UHF) including ARES/RACES operations and have found considerable success. And we regional BP users will be pleased to travel to assist new owners with set-up and tuning. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/swbug/ .

You mean 'interested'?

Nah, that's how they say it out in Arizona. InTrested.

We in New Mexico pronounce it much the same.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by W5LMM View Post
    Nah, that's how they say it out in Arizona. InTrested.

We in New Mexico pronounce it much the same.
    LOL
    Howdy Lee! Are you working the NM QSO this weekend? I am going to try and get out to a park here in the Seattle area and make some NM contacts. Hoping to make contact with some of the 58 group.

/randy

Awesome! yeah, ill give it a shot!! we miss you! what bands you going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by K5RHD View Post
    Howdy Lee! Are you working the NM QSO this weekend? I am going to try and get out to a park here in the Seattle area and make some NM contacts. Hoping to make contact with some of the 58 group.

/randy

I tried out a Buddipole when I was in Cambodia DXing as XU7XXX.............I will withhold comment on what I think of the product.

As long as everyone else is plugging the NM QSO Party, let me plug one also. I will be operating mobile from South Dakota later this month. This is a great way of working SD for WAS on either SSB or CW.

South Dakota QSO Party: 1700Z, Apr 21 to 1700Z, Apr 22

All you Buddipole users (& even ones who aren't) please listen for KCW/m operating mostly CW but some SSB from SD.

Tom KCW

Looks like the sunspot peak is beginning to look like a peak.....FINALLY. I worked Chris yesterday on 10 meters VP2MYZ and had a nice QSO. Today I worked Bud VP2MFF wwith the famous Buddi-pole on 17 meters. He was running quite a pileup on 17 meters. He then asked for any QRP stations, 5 watts or less, and stations began to check in. That was cool. I worked him again with 5 watts, much to my surprise. Today 17 meters was COOK-IN. Stations worldwide were on 18.157

I will be on 14.280 and/or 21.380, IF the weather is good. I will be operating QRP so I am not sure how that will work out but I am going to give it a try.

I will have my Buddistick and my TW2010 and will be performing A/B comparison. I will listen for SD, too.

Default Buddipole Yahoo Group

I have a couple of really neat Amateur Radio Yahoo Groups too. Can I write an article about them and have it published here on QRZ, or is this just an ad for the Buddipole? How about it Fred? My groups are related to several amateur radios that people need information and help with. Shoot, I might as well put a plug in for my web site and the information I have there. Like the propagation info shown at the top of the QRZ home page, however I've given credit to the Ham that developed it.

Rod K9ROD www.k9rod.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast