ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters

Default Help for controling ft-857d away from home

I've read forums and tried to research the best i can but i still have not come up with a clear picture on how i can remotely control my ft-857d when im away from home staying in a hotel. I take a macbook pro with me on the road and i have a windows computer at home for right now. I can get another mac if needed to do this. If anybody could tell me what im gonna need to do this and how i might possibly set all this up i would greatly appreciate your help.

73's to all

I guess i should add i understand i have to have internet at home which i do. Im not completely stupid i just can not seem to figure out what software im going to need to properly do this. An also what exact hardware i need. From there i can surely figure it out.

HRD/DM780 has remote operation built in for many radios - check it out

My ft-857 is at home, and i use it for jt65 and other digital modes while at work. My computer at home is windows 7 pro, with remote desktop enabled. I use a free account with DynDNS setup on my router which forwwards requests to my windows 7 computer. I use DM780, an ERC rotor controller and JT65hf. all works fine.

I open up mstsc on my computer, type my domain name, user and password I set up, and I'm in. There are remote desktop clients for macs.

If you want to use voice, it adds extra complexity and you would need a solution for voice. Many free products exist.