ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl

ZS6BKW

Google is your friend.

73 de jim, N2EY

I would also vote for the balanced-line fed 40m doublet. If you choose this option, you may want to research alternate lengths other than 66'. When feeding with ladder line the actual length can be a little shorter, or longer (non-resonant) and still work efficiently. By purposely making the antenna non-resonant on all bands, tuning is sometimes easier.

Feedline length plays a part in this as well. There are some lengths to avoid. Here is more info on this:
    http://www.hamuniverse.com/feedlinelengths.html

I would go with a non-resonant doublet fed with ladder line. Something like an 88' doublet, or longer if you have the room. Remember, the legs do not have to be straight and the ends can be bent, left dangling, etc.

OCFD a no brainer easy to make and setup they work great for what they they are all wire antenna are lacking. Go to the buckmaster antenna sight and use there design I have bought 4 of there antennas in the last 6 years for different applications. The one up at my house now a 270' @ 55' 3KW model covers 6-160m I use it mostly for 160m. I have very good non wire antennas that cover all bands 1.2 gig-40m yagis and beams for 10-80m I have a excellent vertical optimized for 80m.

The OCFD @ 32' design let me work 139 countries with 100w in 11 months using LoTW only plus it's coax fed no twin lead problems.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2