Callsign
ad: Vari-Ten-1

View Poll Results: Do you live in an antenna-restricted neighborhood?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have HOA/CCR restrictions, and they are strictly enforced.

9 13.64%
  • Yes I have HOA/CCR restrictinos, but they are not being enforced

8 12.12%
  • No HOA/CCR restrictions, but there are severe county/city restrictions

2 3.03%
  • No HOA/CCR restrictions. County/city limits are reasonable

20 30.30%
  • No restrictions at all

27 40.91%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Antenna Restrictions ?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

My subdivision has a universal deed restriction excluding permanent structures to support Amateur Radio antennas. There is no HOA so there is no active enforcement, but any homeowner has the right to sue to have any such structure removed.

My solution: I purchased a trailer mounted crank-up tilt-over tower. Tower and mast together get my multi-band hex beam up to 45 feet where it works like a charm.

No one has complained, but if anyone does, I can crank it down, pull in the outriggers, hitch it to the truck and pull it around, demonstrating that it is in no way a permanent structure. If anyone really did complain, I might upgrade to one of these:

73, Steve
    43 years in Amateur Radio

Quote Originally Posted by WA4BRL View Post
    My subdivision has a universal deed restriction excluding permanent structures to support Amateur Radio antennas. There is no HOA so there is no active enforcement, but any homeowner has the right to sue to have any such structure removed.

My solution: I purchased a trailer mounted crank-up tilt-over tower. Tower and mast together get my multi-band hex beam up to 45 feet where it works like a charm.
    That looks very nice. Wish I could do that here.

Interesting to me how different communities have different and various restrictions. In my subdivision, in addition to antenna restrictions there are also prohibitions on RVs, boats, and trailers of any kind unless they are both in a garage and out of sight. My community also falls under some of the provisions of the North Carolina Planned Community Act ( Chapter 47-F ), but 47-F has no mention whatsoever of antennas, so no relief there.
    73, Peter, N4UP

No antenna restrictions here. I can KNOCK MYSELF OUT with all I want to put up! And I DID!

Consequently, my house is the POSTERBOY for antenna regulations!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3