ad: l-innov
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Netlogger QSL Question

I have recently gotten back into ham radio seriously. Am new to online logging of contacts (am used to the old "stubby pencil" way of logging contacts. I am an OMISS member and participate in their nets daily. My question is What do the abbreviations in the "QSL Info" column mean (such as NIB, 5, 7 etc, and M). I looked at my call and saw "M". I assume that means direct QSLing, as that is how I QSL. Didn't see that column mentioned in the Netlogger FAQs. Probably a dumb question, but can someone help? Dave. WA6TXU.

Hi Dave,

M means you were in the military ( OMISS has awards for working x number of present or former servicemen. ). NIB probably means number of cards and the number following would be the number of cards a person has in the bureau.

You could check this by going to the OMISS website and selecting the roster search and then searching your call. Presently it shows you have 4 cards in the bureau and that you were in the Navy. If you were using netlogger right now it should say M & NIB 4.

73, John
    OMISS 7795

Hi John. Thanks for the info. I did figure out the "M" as being in the military. Knew that NIB meant something about my being in the bureau. The missing piece was the number after NIB. Now know it is the number of cards I have in the bureau. Thanks for clarifying this for me. Dave. WA6TXU.

Hi Dave & John,
    Dave, thanks for asking. John, thanks for answering. I had the same question (also a newbie #8307)
    73, Joe

Hi Dave,

M means you were in the military ( OMISS has awards for working x number of present or former servicemen. ). NIB probably means number of cards and the number following would be the number of cards a person has in the bureau.

You could check this by going to the OMISS website and selecting the roster search and then searching your call. Presently it shows you have 4 cards in the bureau and that you were in the Navy. If you were using netlogger right now it should say M & NIB 4.

73, John
    OMISS 7795[/QUOTE]