ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec

Quote Originally Posted by W1QJ View Post
    you sank a ground rod, right? Did you bond it back to the electrical system ground rod? NEC requires this for just the reason you might be experiencing
    I think when you start running multiple grounds your troubles will multiply. The only shack ground you should need is a safety ground that should be supplied by the power line.

Quote Originally Posted by W1QJ View Post
    you sank a ground rod, right? Did you bond it back to the electrical system ground rod? NEC requires this for just the reason you might be experiencing

Quote Originally Posted by WA4NMS View Post
    I think when you start running multiple grounds your troubles will multiply. The only shack ground you should need is a safety ground that should be supplied by the power line.
    A couple of things to keep in mind:

• NEC requires that all feedlines entering the structure must have their shields bonded to ground at the point of entry.
    • Seldom is one's shack located adjacent to the building's electrical service entrance, such that ONE ground can be used.

As Lou and MANY others have said, NEC requires all grounds be bonded to the electrical service entrance ground. In order to comply, and prepare for a tower installation, I tied my station ground and electrical service grounds together. The concept is to have all grounds be at the same potential (preferably zero), referenced to earth.

hello everyone after further inspection the problem is the wiring in the appartment , and noww these people see antennas and i am the blame well i have only 6 months left on the lease so they are "sol" i have done everything possible on my end i drilled through basment for were equipment is drove a 5/8 x 8 foot ground rod were all equipment is contected but shortest possible conection antenna is also conntected to ground by 2 - 5/8 x 10foot ground rods . also replaced the the all the equipment in the shack from power supply to amplifier this was a perfect excuse for me to use to talk the xyl into new equipment thank you all who replied all suggestion helped 73s

Quote Originally Posted by WA7PRC View Post
    A couple of things to keep in mind:

[LIST][*]NEC requires that all feedlines entering the structure must have their shields bonded to ground at the point of entry.......

 Somebody needs to explain to the schlubbs who wrote the NEC that open-wire feedline does not have a shield.
    Rich, AG6K, [url]www.somis.org[/url] 805-386-3734

Quote Originally Posted by AG6K View Post
     Somebody needs to explain to the schlubbs who wrote the NEC that open-wire feedline does not have a shield.
    You could always put one around it. Either way it would be a bad thing for your open wire feedline..

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    You could always put one around it. Either way it would be a bad thing for your open wire feedline..
     indeed. According to the NEC a radio transmitting antenna needs to be made of #14 Cu but #32 will easily handle 1500w. Also, according to the NEC a 240v circuit needs to have 4 wires, 2 of which carry zero current.
    Rich, AG6K, [url]www.somis.org[/url] 805-386-3734

Quote Originally Posted by AG6K View Post
     indeed. According to the NEC a radio transmitting antenna needs to be made of #14 Cu but #32 will easily handle 1500w. Also, according to the NEC a 240v circuit needs to have 4 wires, 2 of which carry zero current.
    Being used to 3-phase, it took me a while to figure out why you said zero current, but, you are correct. Another fine example of regulations just going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Being used to 3-phase, it took me a while to figure out why you said zero current, but, you are correct. Another fine example of regulations just going too far.
    Really the Neutral carries current on most 240V equipment, but sometimes it is not even used.

The Ground is the only one that is not allowed to carry current, unless there is a fault it should not carry current.

How many Hams have the coax entering with the Service Power ?

Very Few would be my guess. Very few meet NEC code of today and they work just fine.
    "Theory only works perfect in a vacuum." KA9JLM Don

How many Hams have the coax entering with the Service Power ?
    Ok i been out of this kind of work for years. But is this really in the code now ???
    De Oppresso Liber.

Quote Originally Posted by KA9JLM View Post
    Very few meet NEC code of today and they work just fine.
    ...with great luck.

Quote Originally Posted by N3JBH View Post
    Ok i been out of this kind of work for years. But is this really in the code now ???
    The code in regard to ground & neutral hasn't changed. Normally, neutral may carry current. Normally, ground shouldn't.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast