ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec

Contribute
to QRZ

I use a pencil, ruler, and piece of paper. No symbols to download, no learning curve beyond basic electronics, and no manufacturer influences. It's nice to have a handy book of all the symbols for those I can't remember because they are not used as often.

It would be nice to have a stencil that has these symbols on them. Perhaps someone can make a fortune with one of these.

If I want to upload my work I can scan it or take a picture.

I once heard a story, maybe true or fiction I don't know, about the US and Russian space program. The US spent billions developing a pen that would work in zero gravity and at any angle on almost any paper. The Russians used a pencil.

Why re-invent the wheel? If you do a heck of a lot of drawings I can see the need for a cad program to simplify things and keep uniformity. Otherwise your wasting valuable time you could spend making your drawing a working piece. A good engineer doesn't care if it is drawn on a napkin so long as it works as intended.
    Could we with ink the ocean fill and were the skies of parchment made, Were every stalk on earth a quill and every man a scribe by trade. To write the love of God above would drain the oceans dry, nor could the scroll contain the whole though stretched from sky to sky.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4KGW View Post
    I once heard a story, maybe true or fiction I don't know, about the US and Russian space program. The US spent billions developing a pen that would work in zero gravity and at any angle on almost any paper. The Russians used a pencil.
    That is True.

Russians also used tube type gear in their Jet Fighters.

They wanted something that was known to work.
    "Theory only works perfect in a vacuum." KA9JLM Don

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3