ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Default call sign help

at 7pm central time I made contact with a station in Honduras.I am really new to dx ing.All I got on his sign was HRJ.and no name.This was on 28.430. any chance anyone else got his full sign and name?

Hi There,

Unfortunatley if you don't know the callsign there isn't much you can do however you could search what you know and see if there are any potential results.

Mike
    Mike Jones
    QRZ STAFF - Database Team

thanks,I tried that with no luck.I'll make sure I get the right info on the next contact.That was my fault,being a newbe I thought I'd catch his call sign and name on his next contact.
    Thanks again Ed K4ECE

Okay Ed, Welcome to HAM Radio and good luck!

Mike
    Mike Jones
    QRZ STAFF - Database Team

Quote Originally Posted by K4ECE View Post
    at 7pm central time I made contact with a station in Honduras.I am really new to dx ing.All I got on his sign was HRJ.and no name.This was on 28.430. any chance anyone else got his full sign and name?

You might try searching the DX cluster for any Honduras station that might have been "spotted" on the 10 meter band using the mode you were using and on that date/time.

Goto website: http://www.dxsummit.fi/Search.aspx
    Enter the call as "HR" (only for expanded search.
    Enter the band and enter the mode.
    Select 10,000 hits and search.
    Scroll down the list to find the date/time period and see if you recognize any call.

You may have read his call as HRJ, but that might be HR1 copied incorrectly. HR is correct Honduras prefix but could also be in the suffix in which case there would be two HR sets in one callsign.