ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-rl

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Transmit trouble

I recently got a Yaseu Ft1900R for my truck,It worked great for about a week but now I cant transmit hardly at all. I can't figure out what the problem is. I haven't made any changes to the radio settings. I thought my radio was going bad so I checked it with my HT, it could transmit and recieve with the HT. I decided my best option would be a factory reset since I didnt have but a few frequencies programmed in anyway. so I tried that. still no luck. I checked all the frequencies I had programmed and all the PL tones to make sure they were correct, my microphone i s working, and I can hear anyone on the repeater fine, I just cant transmit. I'm totally out of ideas. also made sure my power was turned up,antenna cables and connections are good,I just cant figure this out.

What about the antenna? This might be caused by an open shield. Good receive, high SWR, hence not transmit to speak of.
    Alan Applegate, KBG
    http://www.k0bg.com

I bought the antenna new the same day I got the radio, about a week or so ago
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I cant see any damage to the antenna,mount or cables.

You really need to use a wattmeter, as a minimum an SWR bridge, to make sure that the antenna is OK. Just "looking at" the antenna and feedline isn't going to usually tell you much.

Glen, K9STH