ad: l-tentec
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl

Lightbulb The Low Loss PWRgate

A PWRgate is a simple backup power system, it will allow your communications equipment to remain operative on battery power during AC power blackouts. Power supplies and batteries can be swapped out while the equipment remains on with no glitches.

The Low Loss PWRgate uses MOSFET power transistors to switch the load between power sources with less then a 20 milivolt drop, much smaller then similar systems that use Schottky diodes. This keeps the power losses to a minimum.

The Low Loss PWRgate transfers up to 25 amperes at up to 16 volts dc continuously. It is a safe way to connect both a 12 volt battery and a 13.8 volt power supply to a load, while electrically isolating both from each other. Whenever your power supply is on, the supply feeds the load while also charging the battery, keeping the battery healthy and ready for use when the power supply is off or looses AC power. Switching is instantaneous.

Full money back if not satisfied.
    http://ki0bk.no-ip.com/~PWRgate/LLPG
    $49.00 +4.95 shipping ConUS
    73 Jim KI0BK

Jim, do you make these with something other than PowerPoles? Binder Posts, Bolts (Like Astron)?
    Steve
    Macomb, IL

I like Steve have wondered the same thing as I don't use PP,s here. I prefer bolts myself and ring terminals for heavy connections.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

A float-charged battery bank eliminates the need for switching. Since there is no switch, the loss, transfer time, and cost is zero. That is what telcos do, with high reliability. That's what I've done for the past 5 years with no problems. When commercial AC power drops, the battery bank picks up the slack. When commercial AC comes back up, the float charger recharges the battery bank. All the while, no outage.

Fred, Steve, Thanks for the question! The LLPG was designed to meet the needs of our local ARES group which has standardized on the PowerPole connectors, as have many other ARES groups. For better or worse, we recognize others like to use different connector systems, so we also offer custom jumper cables with PP connectors on one end and ring terminals or spade lugs on the other, with or without fuse(s). please email me with your requirements and we will be glad to work with you to come up with a solution! 73 Jim KI0BK

Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    Jim, do you make these with something other than PowerPoles? Binder Posts, Bolts (Like Astron)?