Callsign

Thread: Collins guys......Collins 30L-1 Round emblem or winged emblem?????

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
    W4AFB Guest

Default Collins guys......Collins 30L-1 Round emblem or winged emblem?????

Whats the difference?

far as I know it is vintage. The round emblems I believe are newer and have the upgrades from the older models. They round eblem usually brings more money on the used market.

Basically, the difference is what emblem was put on the unit! Minor electrical changes were made over the life of the production and Service Bulletins were issued so that these changes could be made in the field. There are actually 4-different emblems starting with the "winged emblem" which was followed by the "round emblem" with international orange, then the "round emblem" with blue, and finally the "round emblem" for Rockwell / Collins. The main thing that the type of emblem does is to give a relative notion of just when the unit was produced. However, with the exception of the "Rockwell / Collins" emblem, the other units were manufactured for several years.

Because of the relative age, some people place a higher value on the actual emblem on the unit. However, if the Service Bulletins have been installed, there is no actual performance difference among the very early to the very late units.

Glen, K9STH
    Technical Advisor Collins Collectors' Association

W4AFB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by K9STH View Post
    Basically, the difference is what emblem was put on the unit! Minor electrical changes were made over the life of the production and Service Bulletins were issued so that these changes could be made in the field. There are actually 4-different emblems starting with the "winged emblem" which was followed by the "round emblem" with international orange, then the "round emblem" with blue, and finally the "round emblem" for Rockwell / Collins. The main thing that the type of emblem does is to give a relative notion of just when the unit was produced. However, with the exception of the "Rockwell / Collins" emblem, the other units were manufactured for several years.

Because of the relative age, some people place a higher value on the actual emblem on the unit. However, if the Service Bulletins have been installed, there is no actual performance difference among the very early to the very late units.

Glen, K9STH
    Technical Advisor Collins Collectors' Association

Glen, thank you for your reply. I did not even realize you took the time to get back to me. I have not checked in few day. I appreciate the info. Ive actually acquired two of these amps now. Ones a round emblem and ones a winged.

Be hip, call the round emblem a "meatball" Collins...