Callsign
ad: elecraft

Thread: How to edit a confirmed contact..?

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper

Default How to edit a confirmed contact..?

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new user of the logging system here and I was wondering if there is a way to edit a confirmed contact. It was an incoming contact and it's my most distant DX contaxt as of yet. I supposed I am able to edit the information before I confirm perhaps. I'm unsure but I already hit the confirm button. I just wanted to edit my power output during the contact. Since it's my most distant DX contact I want all the information to be correct. Any help appreciated.

Tom.

I believe that once you have confirmed it, that's the end of editing.

That is really unfortunate... I have to change my power setting, and it is locked. Guess I have to delete and reconnect the contact! How frustrating!

While you can delete a confirmed incoming record and replace it with an outgoing equal, there is no guarantee your outgoing will be confirmed by the worked party. It may be better to retain the incoming and enter a duplicate, but outgoing, record and if it is confirmed then delete the incoming.

Hi There,

As been said you can't edit a confirmed contact because it's confirmed but I would go along with what W1DQ said and also leave a note to them so they know why you have done another contact

Mike
    Michael Jones
    QRZ STAFF - Database Team