ad: l-sarc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Default Programing the VX3200 Yaesu radio Need help

I have a VX3200 radio and it currently has programing in the 148.000 plus vhf frequencies. I wish to program in some 2 meter ham frequencies. I have the programing cable and have downloaded the CE52 software. I have copied the current program from the radio to the program. I have tried to input the ham frequencies into the current program but it will not accept them. I have tried to change the "Common1" to the have frequency set but it goes to a new program. I have tried to upload a test program to radio but I get a hardwared mismatch error and no up load. My question is: Have I missed something in the software? or Do I have a hardware program that requires a modification to the radio.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

73 de James
    AD5TC

The Yaesu VX-3200 was introduced in 2002, and has since been discontinued (replaced by newer models).

Yaesu VX-3200 Manual
    Http://www.rfwiz.com/Manuals/VertexO...g%20Manual.pdf

Regarding your Vertex CE-52 programming software, make sure you have the latest release (4.85/4.86?)
    I always READ the current radio's programming first, this verifies the programming cable.
    I am not aware of restrictions, in software for programming. You can check with your local Vertex LMR dealer.

Recommendation from RF WIZ - Multec Communications
    http://www.rfwiz.com/RadioProgramming.htm

CAUTION: Always UPLOAD (read) the radio first:

1.UPLOAD (read) the radio and SAVE a backup copy of your original (unedited) file to your hard drive.
    2.EDIT the file. Add, delete channels, change CTCSS/DCS codes, alpha tags, etc.
    3.SAVE a backup copy of the edited file to your hard drive.
    4.DOWNLOAD (send) edited data file to radio.

Note: Never start programming from the default file that loads when the software starts. Editing the existing file that's contained onboard the radio's micro controller is required because it contains non-user technical data needed for proper operation.

Multec Communications
    319 Centre Ave. #166
    Rockland, MA# U.S.A. 02370-2613
    781-294-4992
    781-294-4993 fax (include return email w/fax)
    Last edited by W9GB; 04-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Nullius in verba