ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG

Default In praise of Elecraft

First, let me preface my post by saying that I am legally blind and can read only a few letters of a word at a time.
    I bought the K3, P3, and the KPA500 KITS at the same time to save postage costs to Canada.
    I built the KPA500 first and had no problems. Second was the P3 kit that was even easier. Then came the K3. In all cases, there were concise assembly instructions and very detailed photos to make sure the builder understands what is expected. The K3 however, has many small connectors and I had trouble seeing where they mated. I had some bent pins and misalligned shells but they were analyzed by Elecrafts customer service guru, Dale Farmer.
    Everything now works as it should and I am busy learning the many features of the "K line".
    73 de me BLB

+1, I had a problem with my K2 (turned out to be pilot error of course), and they went out of thier way to help, even shotgunned a pile of parts my way should I have needed them.

I suppose they figure that most folks that buy stuff from them will come back for more, I did.

Hope you like the K3, I'm pretty fond of mine

73 m/4

Located 5 miles north of downtown OKC in Edmond, OK.

Quote Originally Posted by VE4BLB View Post
    First, let me preface my post by saying that I am legally blind and can read only a few letters of a word at a time.
    I bought the K3, P3, and the KPA500 KITS at the same time to save postage costs to Canada.
    I built the KPA500 first and had no problems. Second was the P3 kit that was even easier. Then came the K3. In all cases, there were concise assembly instructions and very detailed photos to make sure the builder understands what is expected. The K3 however, has many small connectors and I had trouble seeing where they mated. I had some bent pins and misalligned shells but they were analyzed by Elecrafts customer service guru, Dale Farmer.
    Everything now works as it should and I am busy learning the many features of the "K line".
    Great story! You are an inspiration, OM.

My dad was blind from Macular Degeneration at 60 years old. He missed reading most though he could read a little with a cumbersome enlarger.

They have developed a "cure" for MD. http://medgadget.com/2009/04/implant..._approval.html

K5UOS