ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl

Default Remote Control

Just wondering how people have setup to control their echolink station? I am running a node that connects to our local repeater and need to shut it down remotley if trouble developes.
    Thanks
    de KD8KCH

Guess no one here has theirs setup to be able to shut it down remotly.

Look in the sysop settings at REMT.

Also if you are using XP pro or Windows 7 you can use remote desktop, or one of the many virtural desktops.

Hopfully the rig you are using has a time out timer on it too.

Mark N5RFX
    Last edited by N5RFX; 03-30-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Looking at using an RF link for control as I don't always have computer access. Rig is an older Kenwood TM 241A, time out timer is 30 min. not good!

I use WB2REM & G4CDY'S Ulitmate Linking Interface for my Echolink station. It has an auxillary port which can be used with a receiver for remote control.

Mark N5RFX

Hello KD8KCH.

Quote Originally Posted by KD8KCH View Post
    Just wondering how people have setup to control their echolink station? I am running a node that connects to our local repeater and need to shut it down remotley if trouble developes.
    Thanks
    de KD8KCH
    When my node was up and running, I did use:
    1) Linux server: NAT + IP_tables
    2) EchoLink laptop + R-Admin software installed

I could connect to EchoLink PC by R-Admin viewer (remote desktop) and can turn on/off the node.
    It was a port forwarding from Internet to local home Intranet. That worked when I was far away from my node and could not do it remotely on the air by handy-talkie.

I hope it helps a bit.
    73! Tony RC3C ex.RV3DHC
    QTH: Moscow, Troitsk

I use logmein free software to control the computer handling Echolink. With it, I can remotely access the computer as if I was at the keyboard and mouse. I can turn on Echolink software, connect and disconnect, switch to different conferences, and pretty much do anything the PC can do, except turn on and off and switch channels on the actual tranceiver.

http://www.logmein.com

Works the treat!

That's why I'm here today actually; I want to find a 2M xceiver that can be software controlled. If I can do that, I can remotely administer the whole shebang, including switch to alternate frequencies such as simplex, or the alternate repeater in town in cases where there is competing traffic on the main repeater.

I can always access my node via my cell phone; I just hit it with a web browser. I can bring the node down easily that way. Of course, you can also use DTMF commands to do things like down the node, but that only works if you're not transmitting at the time.

Arrow Remote control to Echolink node

Regarding the topic discusstion you can use:
    1) TeamViewer for free
    2) make your private network by using Hamachi software , then use RDP to control remotely your node

that's all at this time.. perhaps I will remind something else.
    73! Tony RC3C ex.RV3DHC
    QTH: Moscow, Troitsk