ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-AmericanRadio
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
    talisay city, negros occidental, philippines

mike,

hi! have the same problem too..can you include me, i need the Windows 7 64 bit USB to Serial driver plus the UV3R and UV5R programming software. tnx! my email add is kilo_279@yahoo.com

73s
    Kako
    DV6DKL

Quote Originally Posted by DV6DKL View Post
    mike,

hi! have the same problem too..can you include me, i need the Windows 7 64 bit USB to Serial driver plus the UV3R and UV5R programming software. tnx! my email add is kilo_279@yahoo.com

73s
    Kako
    DV6DKL
    Kako,

I sent the Windows 7 64bit USB to serial driver to you via e-mail this morning. I also included UV3R and UV5R programming software. All the files are in a single 5 meg zip file.

73s
    Mike
    W5RKL

I'm having a different problem. Just received the cable and software and installed it on my XP system. Said it installed succesfully and my system discovered the new USB device and indicated it was good to go. I checked my Com ports and Com port 5 was assigned to the cable. I set the radio software to Com 5 and tried to read from radio but keep receiving communication error.

Quote Originally Posted by K2QB View Post
    I'm having a different problem. Just received the cable and software and installed it on my XP system. Said it installed succesfully and my system discovered the new USB device and indicated it was good to go. I checked my Com ports and Com port 5 was assigned to the cable. I set the radio software to Com 5 and tried to read from radio but keep receiving communication error.
    Plug the USB to serial cable into any open/free USB port on the computer.
    Plug the USB to serial cable into the UV5R, ensuring the plug is fully seated into the UV5R.
    Turn the UV5R ON. The transceiver MUST be turned ON in order for the software to read and write to the UV5R.

You should also check to see if hardware flow control is turned on. Hardware flow control is not used and should be set to "None" in the serial port settings.

Right click on the desktop's "My Computer" icon
    Select "Properties"
    In the Properties window, click on "Device Manager"

When Device Manager window opens, look for an entry that say "Ports (Com & LPT) and click on the "+" next to "Ports (Com & LPT)".
    Notice that a line appears below "Ports (Com & LPT)" that says "Prolific USB to serial Comm port (Com3)". The USB to serial driver "typically" assigns "Com3" as the communication's port (your comm port may be different as you
    said, your comm port is assigned "Com5". Simply replace any indication of "Com3" with "Com5" in the following.

Right click on the "Prolific USB to serial Comm port (Com3) line and select "Properties". The line showing "Prolific USB to Serial Comm port (COM3)" must NOT have nay Yellow "!" indication.
    If there's a Yellow "!" then there's a problem, quite often it's the driver not working with the OS (Operating System) due to incompatibility or otherwise.

When the Comm Port Properties window opens, click on "Port Settings" and check to ensure "Flow Control" is set to "None". If Flow Control is set to anything other than "None", click the Flow Control drop down menu and select "None".
    Do NOT change any other settings, regardless of what they are showing. Now click "OK".

Close the Device Manager window then ensure the UV5R is turned ON.
    Launch the UV5 Programming software, select Communications and click on Com3 then click Confirm.

Click "Program" and select "Read from Radio".
    Click "Confirm" and the software should read the configuration/frequency settings in the radio.

73s
    Mike
    W5RKL
    Last edited by W5RKL; 04-17-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Single family home with some antenna space but also close neighbors.

Hi, Having problems with my driver too. Does anyone have one that works, send the file to airtron@peoplepc.com. I have XP. Thanks and 73, Rick, K9WY.

Found out that if you give the programming plug and extra squeeze/push into its socket, it will read and write to the radio. Apparently, this cable's tips are quite the right length as they should be. Mine is very finnicky. Takes a few squeezes before it will work.

Just a heads up . . .

BTW - the software writer that writes the CHIRP programming software is already working on cracking the UV-5R. Dunno if it is done yet. It wasn't ready the last time I checked.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home
    Last edited by KI6USW; 04-20-2012 at 04:35 AM.
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.” Groucho Marx[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am using Win7 and to program my 5r. Everytime I use it I need to reset the comport from #1 to #5, it will then read and write to the rig FB. The problem I have is there appears to be NO way to save the info into a file, it keeps saying something about nullity or a word similar. Me being an old bugger cant figure what its trying to tell me.
    Does anyone know how to save the contents of the read file to a file on disk?????

73 ka7ara

I too have a UV-5R and have yet to successfully program it using the baofeng or CHIRP software(s). When using CHIRP it simply says "Radio did not ACK first command". I'm assuming based on the previous posts that I need to take a closer look at the driver situation. If anyone has any luck please post back your results.

Issue solved, radio programmed.

I got runtime error 8020 each time i tried to connect.
    The problem was that I couldnt use the newest drivers with my cable.
    I had to use old drivers, (others have had the same problem/made the same solution)

so to get the old drivers, google "Prolific PL2303 Driver v.1.0" and download them from www.x-drivers.com

73 well met on the bands

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast