ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
    So. Florida, A native cracker, and proud of it!!

Question Kenwood TS-590 rigs

I own a few Kenwood rigs and have been reasonably happy with them. But I'm wondering why so many new, or slightly used, "mint condition" Kenwood 590's are popping up all over the Swap Pages?? You never see any of the similar Tentec Eagles being resold so quickly........just sayin'
    de Lee
    K4LJP
    "I remember the good ol' days when things worked with a simple ON & OFF switch."

W4AFB Guest

I just bought a four month old used one with the VGS and the TCXO. This rig is pretty nice. Probably the best bang for the buck out there. The Kenwood ARCP 590 software is pretty nice also. It wont replace my Flex 5000A but is going to make a great second radio.

They are frequently donated to Hamfest raffles by stores and clubs. The winner just turns around and sells the unit for cash.

Some Hams are very Wealthy and just hafta have the NEWEST rig out there. But when they get it, they realize they have too many rigs and they sell it off quickly cutting the losses. Or some Hams splurge and buy one up, but then lose a job or have pricey medical or other expenses; and have to start cashing the radios in. The Kenwood is FAR more affordable than the Icoms or Yaesus, so lotsa folks are snatching them up! Not many folks can come up with the $2900 for a FT-2000 or $6000 for a FTdx5000, but $1400 for the TS-590s is DOABLE!
    I love my cats!
    PHOEBE and PENELOPE MEW!

Quote Originally Posted by K4LJP View Post
    I own a few Kenwood rigs and have been reasonably happy with them. But I'm wondering why so many new, or slightly used, "mint condition" Kenwood 590's are popping up all over the Swap Pages?? You never see any of the similar Tentec Eagles being resold so quickly........just sayin'
    de Lee
    K4LJP
    If you knew how many of each had been sold and the ratio was lower for the TenTec that might be a valid question. But since you don't it doesn't apply.

I'm having a hard time finding a used one, where are all these rigs?
    Clif Holland KA5IPF
    [url]www.avvid.com[/url]

Regarding the original post, qth.com today (Monday 3/26, using 'TS-590' as the search term) has one TS-590 for sale, with six seeking the rig. A couple more said they were selling their other rig because they just bought a TS-590.

Not sure where you are seeing so many for sale.

KU8V