ad: AbAuRe-1

14300 is a busy net freq

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KI4HRY, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KI4HRY

KI4HRY Ham Member QRZ Page

:mad: 14300 is a busy net control freq it runs 7 days a week 365 days a year here is the web addy so you can look and see what we doPLEASE do not use it for contest calls 14300.net........73's KI4HRY

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

No Frequency is owned by anyone, that includes Nets.

It is only a Gentleman's agreement.

There are very few Gentleman any more...

3. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Here we go again. IBTL

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Note to QRZ admin.

Do I need something special to post here ?

I think that this thread needs to be closed if no post are allowed.

Please PM me for your requirements.

Thanks.

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't own the frequency. You never have. No one does.

This broken record has been going on for at least the last 10 years or more.

Why does such an "important" net not have an alternate 17m frequency to go to when 20m is too crowded? Sounds like poor planning and not any organization I would depend on to save my life.

And I doubt you'll see this post, just like you didn't see that last one. Looks like the mods are protecting you. For what reason, I have no idea.

6. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I'll steer clear, Rough seas ahead! AHOY THERE! THAR SHE BLOWS! LOL! :D

7. NQ6U

NQ6U Ham Member QRZ Page

§97.101 General standards. -

(a) In all respects not specifically covered by FCC Rules each amateur station must be operated in accordance with good engineering and good amateur practice.

(b) Each station licensee and each control operator must cooperate in selecting transmitting channels and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies. No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station.

8. KE7RIP

KE7RIP Ham Member QRZ Page

[h=3]Considerate Operator[/h]

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 153, 51); font-style: normal; display: inline-block; margin-bottom: 1px; ">www.arrl.orgHomeRegulatory & Advocacy</cite><button class="gbil esw eswd" g:entity="http://www.arrl.org/considerate-operator" g:undo="poS1" title="Recommend this page" g:pingback="/gen_204?atyp=i&ct=plusone&cad=S1" id="gbpwm_1" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer; display: inline; height: 15px; margin-left: 5px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; width: 24px; vertical-align: text-bottom; visibility: visible; background-image: url(https://www.google.com/images/nav_logo107.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: -25px -110px; "></button>
    The Considerate Operator's Guide shows frequencies generally recognized for certain ... channels and in making the most effective use of the amateur service frequencies. No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station." No one "owns" a frequency. ... ARRL, the national association forAmateur Radio ...

9. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not today. All I hear are European contesters on the freq.

11. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ummm...have you read 97.101 (b) lately?

12. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In my opinion having a net on a frequency and saying that the net runs 365 days a year 7 days a week is an attempt to by-pass part 97 rules about owning a frequency, though it would seem pretty clear if the net is attempting to say that run on that frequency all the time than they would by the very nature of logic own that frequency which is in violation of Part 97. There is Marine HF outside of amateur radio that can be used to the purpose of emergency traffic and no frequency should be owned by anyone. Unless of course the FCC wants to admen their rules to say that 14.300 is in fact a maritime emergency frequency.

13. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

And?

They don't own the frequency. If someone else is using it, too bad. Have a backup frequency on 17m then. That would actually solve the problem for the 8 weekends they're inconvenienced.

Of course, that would take effort and planning on the part of the groups in question. I wouldn't place my safety in the hands of any of the above if they can't even have 1 backup frequency on another band.

I am not impressed in the least. Get a life.

14. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Is it just me or does it seem like those who form these 24/7 nets seem to think THEIR net is sacred and usually want to keep a 10-20 khz width open exclusively for thier pet projects?so are we talking about 14.300 Mhz plus or minus 10 khz ?
    Geez, don't we already have enough emergency frequencies for use by boaters in distress?
    I do not think this will fly well or long smells too much like another attempt to declare a right to a frequency in perpetum ad nauseaum.
    I supppose it was propagation but never heard a more quiet frequency when I was curious and tuned it in yesterday.
    Good Luck with that attempt I think the rules and the body of users in general do not peruse QRZ pages much .
    We once had a bunch here in town who all got thier tickets to get on 10 meters and stake out a frequency like they had done on another band they came from.
    They staked out 28.400 Mhz and repelled all would be boarders it was "their" frequency, this went on for several weeks, then the FCC moved in and informed them tain't nice to do that they all lost thier novice tickets which they got just to talk on 10 meters.
    A frequency declared is not a frequency owned and saying please does not give any kind of right to repel all who wish to use it.
    I must be a curmudgeon now I am taking time to post a comment about a moot point , time to get my 75 meter antenna working so's I can go gripe on 75 about the sorry state of things:)
    I say PLEASE don't usurp a frequency htis mess on 20 is getting where the nets overlap no place to talk on the 20 meter band it seems 20 is the 75 meters of the 21st century in my opinion;) 73, Michelle PS not sure how long the OP had thier ticket do they realize they are tuirning the 20 meter band into a boaters business band, whether or not it is personal or other business like reading email .
    Some people just don't get it that we and hams worldwide, yeah they have a say too, are turning the bands slowly into some psudocommercial place to go if you are on a boat and need your email desperately or to hold down every Khz they can, I will not mention anything else about say 14.100 therabouts.
    Boaters have a number of international emergency frequencies anyway why tie up a finite and limited resource like spectrum what next? declare a NPRM for a special subband just for boaters?
    Looks like it is headed that direction to me sometimes.
    73 all no ill meant just not good idea to declare it is owned by a bunch just because they find someone to tell would be users the frequency is busy even if not. God, seems like you gotta be a blamed lawyer to use the bands these days. 73 agn, Michelle:)

15. WW7F

WW7F Guest

I guess now the mods won't let us post a thing before they read what we wrote why the sudden change in policy never ran into that before today? perhaps this should be a topic for discussion in another thread IF it is allowed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.