ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG

Default CW knocked out my internet on my main computer

Hmm, last night using 50w on CW my internet stopped working on the main computer. The laptop is fine. I have tried turning it on and off. Re-applying the settings. Re-setting my hub.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated? I KNOW there is an RF in the shack problem at the moment, and last night I realised 50w of CW is a lot more potent than 50w SSB!!!

The usual suggestions are to put ferrite rings on all cables and in one post I read that this type of problem was solved by earthing the computer. Whether this works, dunno. Somebody replied to say it would make no difference. But as you say 50 watts of CW is more potent than the same of SSB

Thanks for the suggestions mate. I have solved the problem by re-entering the security key for the network - worked a treat. But I know that didn't really fix it. I'm going to see how much a earth rod is and put one in this Saturday if I can, and tidy up my air coax choke. I know the antenna I am using (essentially a random wire 85 feet long with a 17ft counterpoise, fed via a 9:1 UnUn and coax) is FAR from ideal, but it works for both me and my wife in thats its cheap, low profile, and I can make a few contacts from 80 to 10. When my leg is 100% I'll get up on the roof and improve it more by standing it completely off the tiles.

all the best,

Scott