ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl

Ok I made up a Glitch resistor. Put 2 Plastic tie wrap holders down on bottom of amp. One you could see was holding my fuse holder in place. Surrounded by Electrical tape. Solder in line a 10 ohm 10 Watt wire wound resistor with 2 layers of heat shrink on both ends and put it inside a plastic "shelf" if you want to call it that. See picture. Sorry blurry getiin old ya know! Opinions please! Anything else I should insulate?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does this resistor get hot? I have not turned on the amp since doing this and I am thinking hmmm plastic tray and plastice tie wraps. Possible melting? I guess I'll find out later. Been a long week and am tired.

It will generate some heat. 10 Ohms will generate close to 4W (of dissipation) when you're key-down. Less average power than that on low duty cycle modes like SSB.

I usually use about a 25W resistor with an air core that let air flow through it, keeps it cool. These things come with "clips" that push into the ends of the resistor and provide a mounting hole for them so they can be screwed down to insulated (ceramic) standoffs.

Photo below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

-- George Bernard Shaw

I have seen those before. Now to get one and some ceramic standoffs. For the standoffs what height do you recommend? Don't want to be too tall and touch housing.

I have a lot of 1" standoffs, so I usually use those. Make sure the mounting screw (to the chassis) and the screw holding the clamp for the resistor are "separated" by either ceramic or at least an air gap of 1/4" or so inside the standoff to prevent fireworks.
    A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

-- George Bernard Shaw

May I ask where do you get the Resistor from? I mean what supplier?

I get most of my stuff from Apex Electronics in Sun Valley, CA. I just walk in and buy them over the counter.

But Digi-Key and Mouser should have this stuff.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Ok I will search for one. Guess I'll have to do some running around to try and locate.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Francis --

Do you know about Skycraft Surplus, in your backyard??
    http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/

w9gb
    Nullius in verba

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast