ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper

Contribute
to QRZ

Welcome to ham radio!

Passed my test on March 10 and my call sign just showed up in the ULS a few hours ago.

Still waiting on mine. Passed the tech last Saturday 4/28. Missed the general by a few.

Wow, I got my initial call (Tech) and each upgrade (General, Extra) within two days of the exam.

Weeks??? I tested April 30, and got mine May 2. Not even one business day.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome!

I assume the fcc database will be updated first, so I should concentrate my search there?

Quote Originally Posted by WC5B View Post
    Longer!!?? I had to wait 6 looooonnnnggggg months!!
    When I got my first license in 1993 the FCC had a ten week turnaround. I was about to say -- today's less than one week turnaround is nothing compared to the pre-ULS days!

Eh, it was all for the best. Before the ticket arrived I got a dipole up, my Elmer helped me set up my shack, and he instructed me on how to tune the rig properly. I learned a lot in the time from passing the first ticket and getting on the air. Maybe some artificial length should be built into the online ULS update system.

73, Jordan

Took my tech test on 4/46. Got my call on 5/1. Applied for vanity call on 5/1. Got it on 5/19.

I've been eager to get on the air. Bought an HT two weeks ago, tested and passed my Tech on on Sat 6/9. Application showed up in ULS today, but wouldn't you know, it's "offlined for alerts list review" so still now callsign. Out of 98 new license apps today, I'm 1 of 4 that's been "offlined". Makes me not want to even listen to my rig over the weekend since I still won't be able to participate/contribute. Learning a lot about how conversation flow and etiquette though!

offlined for alerts list review???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2