ad: Schulman-1

IRESC helps out in Mexico Earthquake.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0SCT, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W0SCT

W0SCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I Salvadore Torres am the Senior Vice President of the (IRESC) International Radio Emergency Support Coalition and had our President Urcun Canel of IRESC Turkey help out in Mexico when the earthquake happen, check out our efforts on this video !

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3164613806726

20 March/March 2012 Mexico 7.8/7.3 occurring during the earthquake emergency EMCOMM/9Z4FZ IRESC International IRESC conducted by Turkey over the management. VE7XAT, VE3BDE for the international flow of information within the process and information flows and YV5LFX and on his (Mexico), XE1HFL, WE2MMC, XE1HAT to geridönüşler, XE2AES, XE1HHM and XE2KWZ Sig XE1RCS. Miguel thanks to ...

We would like to thank you for the coop of the EMCOMM and all feed back from 9Z4FZ IRESC International/Net control IRESC VE3BDE VE7XAT, Turkey to all stations from Mexico XE1HAT, XE1HFL, YV5LFX and WE2MMC, XE2AES, XE1HHM and XE2KWZ Sig Miguel XE1RCS,

IRESC is monitoring and offering support to Mexico as needed.

Salvadore Torres
    Senior VP/Director of Presidents

2. W7RJA

W7RJA Ham Member QRZ Page

For Real??????

3. W0SCT

W0SCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes its for real....that's why we posted the video and the call signs.

4. N2WSK

N2WSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Did the quake knock out all comms in Mexico, or the area where the quake hit? Were we supplying comms for the drugs lords as well? Not being smart, just curious.

5. W6JMF

W6JMF Ham Member QRZ Page

Troll much? Cartels have plenty of money to buy radios. And have. Was it just too much for you to not make a dumb comment? Did you ask the same thing when major quakes hit Japan and Haiti? Maybe the ghost of Papa Doc needed a new Icom.

Oh oh...maybe we should make sure we don't help out any USA disaster impacted areas. I've heard those dang Oxy gangs just steal all that stuff to run their biznez

Not being smart, just say'en

And lets not forget (while we're on the subject) that those drug "lords" are there for one reason: The USA and it's epic fail drug policy that underwrites their existance

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  6. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CREBC, the Baja radio club, XE2BNC, was active on the normal Mexican HF emergency nets.

There was no traffic on the nets for this event.

XE2SI, local director for F.M.R.E, (Mexico's ARRL), indicated no amateur support needed, so club members stood down.

Some Mexican hams did provide some local information.

7. N2WSK

N2WSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I did make the same dumb comment about Japan and Haiti and Katrina. And I think your comment is dumb also.

8. HB9SLM

HB9SLM Ham Member QRZ Page

so did that call and talk efford on the Video help in any way ?
    maybe there will apear some more documented helpfull activity very soon ? ;)

9. KF7RHB

KF7RHB Ham Member QRZ Page

Haha, this gets my vote for trolling with incredible tastelessness and yet somehow making the most flaccid, ineffectual comeback possible. Kudos to W6JMF for stating the obvious, which such punks do need to hear. But this limp thud obviously has not trolled much.

The real story here is that a 7.5 magnitude quake hit a heavily populated area with apparently no loss of life and few injuries. Gold stars go to Mexican retrofitting and mitigation efforts since the big quake thirty odd years ago. It also seems noteworthy the deficit of USA ham response to the quake, in that Mexican hams need to bloody well go to Turkey for traffic support. In the event of a truly big one, sure to happen sometime soon, is there any ham group preparing coordinated response across the increasingly troubled Rio Grande?

Or should we just sit back and cast xenophobic stones and snicker like peasants at those "farriners" mishaps...? "Duh, them brown folks sure speak funny. Look at'm die, funded by our drug money. Duuuhhhh..."

10. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What traffic support?

In perspective; while any amateur or group looking to make contact after a major event into an affected area is an accepted practice, and can bear results, this was not one of them.

The Mexican amateurs that did provide information on the air, (from affected areas), was a normal response and is expected. But even those local amateurs and organized support groups
    that were available for such an event, soon understood that there was no further need for amateur communications.

Here is a comment from XE2SI, the Division Director for F.M.R.E in Baja and a Communications member for area "Protection Civil";

------Begin--------

I saw this the next day after the earthquake happened, even saw the video, XE1HFT did not provide any emergency traffic, he answered a call from his Echo-link station and tried to explain what the situation was. Other than that, the ham radio operators in Mexico City, did not activate any outside radio operation. Some friends talked about in the Face Book forum, mostly because there were no bad reports. Since the 1985 quake, most old buildings where replaced with better architecture, maybe the reason for minimal damage. Our IRLP node was on the reflector and as you noticed no traffic was related. The national emergency frequencies, 7,080 and 14,120 KHz, go into operation with such events, but no traffic was necessary. The official conventional ways of communication were not affected. The authorities there have a good system with them and the appropriate action was taken. For this Earthquake outside amateur communications was not activated. But in the local areas, Mexican amateurs did keep themselves and local nets available, if needed.

-----End----------------

If real communications support was needed or self activating, North American amateurs would be there to provide proper and directed communications support, along with Mexico's trained amateurs.
    Support is perhaps better served from neighboring countries, in an event such as this.

Mexican radio operators train and despite the small number of licensed operators, take pride in their ability to communicate in emergency events.
    In serious events, the federal government can have them report to the Military for support communications.

While I don't want to disparage some members of this "international groups" efforts, it sounds a lot like someone is trying to gain propaganda from this earthquake.

This is just MY opinion, and like others should be taken in context.

This thread is digressing into some real unsubstantiated and maligning comments.

Adios from Baja

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  11. TA0U

TA0U Ham Member QRZ Page

I will prefere to talk when we will receive any contact from any country for disaster comm / EMCOMM..Since 1999 any ?

12. KN4X

KN4X Ham Member QRZ Page

If my memory serves me correctly, this International Emcomm Group had a VERY nasty split at the Leadership level, aka Growth by Division. Enough said.

13. HB9SLM

HB9SLM Ham Member QRZ Page

well maybe you understood this way, but it was more an unfriendly takeover. not complete done because i bloked the take over of the domain.
    The struggle tarnished the name of IRESC anyway. The real IRESC could not continue, even most ex-member even dont like to touch this area of emmercom anymore.
    As this bloke continue it have an impact on HAM Emmercom in General.
    - They use the logo without permissiom of the creater, as they didnt have the highres orginal blowed it up to a amazing ammount of pixel, crapping it - all over the site of them.
    - Registered IRESC in colorado and call that worldwide trademark.
    - Got a sponsor to spend radios which got losst in transfer never reached the destination.
    - publish false statement
    - using names in activity of HAM which are not with them nor did something

maybe the most readers know iCarly ? now there is a reincarnation :D
    at least somthing to laugh about that bad story

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  14. KD8BIG

KD8BIG Ham Member QRZ Page

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

73 de KD8BIG
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.