ad: Retevis-1

Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 Preliminary Features List Released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Tampa FL, St. Paul MN, Pittsburgh PA - September 19, 2011

HRD Software, LLC is pleased to announce a preliminary list of features for Ham Radio Deluxe v6.0, due to be released in time for the Dayton Hamvention. “In the past five months, we’ve spent a lot of time addressing the backlog of bugs and defects. We’ve also ported the code base from Visual C++ 6.0 to Visual Studio 2010,” said Mike Carper, WA9PIE. “But we also recognize that product development also needs to include new features that will sustain the appetite for improvement within the user base.”

Ham Radio Deluxe v6.0 will include improved awards reporting, contest interfacing, additional digital modes, support for various keyer products, improved and simplified layouts, log export in a number of requested formats, and rig support for a number of popular unsupported radios like the Ten Tec Eagle and rotors like the M2.

“In all, we have between 30 and 40 new compelling features planned for potential inclusion in version 6,” said Carper. “That’s probably about 25% of the items on the drawing board. It’s our intention to continue to grow the product for the users.”

HRD Software, LLC plans to release the final specific list of features approximately 30 days prior to the 2012 Dayton Hamvention.

HRD Software, LLC is on the web at http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com or http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com

2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh god... here we go again.... I predict 7 pages of people bitching about HRD price, support, "bugs", ad nauseam.

But meanwhile, thank you for the update Rich. Of all you said, I love the "additional digital modes" best! I look forward to 6.0.

3. W1EMQ

W1EMQ Guest

I downloaded 5.11a. Works well with my old PC running Win2000Pro, except DM780 doesn't work with this Windows version. Rich said in a private reply that a Mac OSX version of HRD is being "looked at," raising the prospect that one will eventually materialize. Look forward to more info on version 6.0 – and maybe even announcement of a Mac OSX version as well.

Chuck Kershner, W1EMQ

4. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to it! I'll be at Dayton so will stop by the booth!

.............Bob

5. K2CB

K2CB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, if it will finally support the M2 OR2800 rotor controller, and be able to do contest logging for ARRL & CQ contests, I will have no problem paying for the upgrade!

While we are at it, what about a SteppIR and LP-100A interface? and the Alpha amps too................

6. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this Amateur Radio News? I think a mod needs to move it to General Merchandise.

7. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes this is news for a new product and a new owner I don't use it but don't have a problem with it either. I pay twice as much for my logger and It's a log program without all the bloat ware locked in. Mine is just a better program and I use it for all of it's features has it been headlined here, not that I have ever seen but Dennis is a ham and the best Tech support of any program out there for Logic9.

Would be nice to see the new release of Logic9 in the headlines here for sure with all of it's features it would take some space. Oh yes and it's not vaporware it's for sale now!

8. KS4SS

KS4SS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Rich, for getting me up and running with HRD. It work grand.

John, KS4SS

9. N5TGL

N5TGL Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I haven't heard about it, it's news to me. If you don't want to hear about new stuff you can buy, don't read the news. If you have a complaint about the post, use the report post button rather than complaining about it.

10. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad to help you out John.. support is so important in this market :)

11. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was not that great of a Fan of the original version, as for me it's "screens" were too "busy".

But I always thought it was a classy program for an all-in-one amateur radio program.

Look forward to this version and its improvements, perhaps an easier to navigate layout.

Keep up the progress. :eek:

12. KF7DS

KF7DS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be fabulous. I like MacloggerDX, but wish there was more choice.

Don KF7QZB

13. N0RC

N0RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So where can I find this feature list?

14. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

ALL threads in this forum are approved by Fred and no one else. His web site, his rules . . .

If you think something doesn't belong here after Fred has approved it, by all means, let him know directly.

..............Bob

15. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've finally learned to operate and appreciate 5.11. I can't wait for more good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.