ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Default New extra test end of june ?'s

Hi guy's if i get the old extra book that exp. end of june can i just add and or delete the old and new ? thank's n9kjk

No disrespect intended, but if you really want an answer, you need to rephrase your question so we will know what the hell you're talking about.
    73, Randy K5RCD south Texas
    ARRL VE

what i mean is can i use the old exam book for extra class lic Are the changes on the new exam that different i see some ? are deleted and some are rewritten

Well, the questions will have changed, but the basic theory, rules and regulations, and the particular items on which you will be tested will remain pretty much the same, just worded differently.

The bottom line is, if you have actually mastered understanding the fundamentals, as opposed to trying to memorize the questions / answers (evidently some folks have a much better memory than I), then you should be good to go by simply taking the new on line practice tests to familiarize yourself with the new questions, then go take the actual test.

The new test starts effective July 1, so you still have plenty of time to take the current test. However, if you choose to wait and take the new test, and have purchased the new Exam Guide, you should be able to sell it and recoup at least half your investment (if you don't mark in the book).

As a VE however, I always recommend studying from the book covering the proper exam dates. It is just one less problem to have to contend with.

Either way, Good Luck
    73, Randy K5RCD south Texas
    ARRL VE

ok thanks for the info...n9kjk