ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper

Default QRZ Log Book and Field Day

Anyone have any experience with the QRZ Logbook during Field Day? Curious how it would handle a special event call as well as the multiple logins... We will have internet access during Field Day and am interested in having a way to log that does not involve us having to provide IT support just to get a piece of software installed for a weekend...

-Joe
    KA3NAM

Refer to FAQ number 17 in Logbook Users Guide, http://files.qrz.com/static/qrz/LogbookUserGuide.r1.pdf .

Thanks, I'm not sure that provides all the answers... How does the log handle a special event (1x1) call? I may use it for a weekend, then someone else may have it the next... Secondly, for multiple logins to manage a log, it looks like it takes an email to editor@qrz.com. Since I don't know if an operator that shows up to Field Day has a login to QRZ.com, can those logins be set up prior to the event so we have a handful of logins to use? Can multiple folks use the same login? Just trying to figure out the logistics... Obviously I like the interface, so trying to find a way to make it fit...

-Joe
    KA3NAM

Quote Originally Posted by KA3NAM View Post
    Thanks, I'm not sure that provides all the answers... How does the log handle a special event (1x1) call? I may use it for a weekend, then someone else may have it the next...
    I apologize, looks like #4 answers this qustion...

-Joe
    KA3NAM

To work in the QRZ Logbook the call must be in the QRZ database. Also when a callsign change occurs, such as in the case of a vanity change, the previous callsign's log can become inaccessible.

I am not sure what the policy is for 1x1 calls; I believe they are handled differently than normal calls. 1x1 calls are limited in time period and regularly re-assigned to various parties over time.

Don't make assumptions, contact editor@qrz.com for details.