ad: l-assoc
ad: l-innov
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-AmericanRadio

And I have set the power to 100w and set digital gain so that it only outputs 85w and have been sent photos of a nice clean psk signal from me. It is all about not over driving the audio.

Having recently purchased a 480, my experience is the same: little or no ALC. I've made dozens of contacts via PSK and everyone says I have a very clean signal. The 480 appears to just be very PSK friendly.

I you're worried about getting out or how your signal is, pick a time and frequency (10, 15, or 20 meters is where I'm limited right now) and I'll tell you how you're looking.
    de Jim

Quote Originally Posted by G0GQK View Post
    Remember that what your power metre indicator shows is doubled, so 25 watts is actually 50 watts and 100 watts is 200 watts
    Say what?

Bill
    Member: Backyard Engineering Group

Quote Originally Posted by K7JBQ View Post
    Say what?

Bill
    You know...SSB. Half of an AM signal is half the power, right?

WS2L is offline Sr Callsign Database Administrator/DX Help Desk Administrator

K9SOX,

I am running the exact set-up that you are, Kenwood TS-480SAT with a with a Rigblaster Nomic and I have never experienced the problem you are explaining. Normally I run 50 Watts but often tomes run 75 and even 100 watts without any kind of troubles. I have all of my computer audio settings set to 100% and I use the adjustment knob on the RigBlaster to help adjust for the proper audio out. Any fine tuning I may have to do is done with the mic gain control in order to bring the ALC into proper alignment.

Hope that helps.
    Dave

PS: If you continue to have problems you can email me at:
    ws2l@qrz.com
    Or send me a Private Message through the bulletin.
    73's
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2