ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-sarc

Default Kenwood TS-590S Remote Operation

I am trying to control my TS-590S remotely with the Kenwood ARHP software. I have opened the two ports on my router and excluded the programs from Windows firewall. I do not have any other software that may prevent these ports/software from running. The host PC is my desktop and I am using my laptop for the remote site. Everything works fine when I'm on my home wifi network. It's when I use a different internet connection other than my home's that it won't connect to either the ARVP-10H or ARHP-590 software. I have verified that I am using the correct IP address with the "ipconfig" command and using a Linksys router. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know there are other ways to remote control this radio, but I would really like to use the Kenwood software since it is very simple to use...when it works. Thanks in advance.

After two long nights of trying to figure this out....success! The problem was with my dynamic IP address. I went to no-ip.com and set up an account with them and now I can connect to my rig anywhere.