ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl

Default LOTW

Can the qrz log data be uploaded easily and if so how to LOTW?

You must have a LOTW certificate and also be a QRZ subscriber at the XML level or higher to be able to download and upload your log in ADIF format (see: www.adif.org). Next, download your log in ADIF file format from QRZ and upload it to LOTW.

While at least for the first time it is that straightforward, there are some things to consider when it comes to periodically uploading your log revisons.

1. The ADIF file that is downloaded from QRZ includes all the "outgoing" QSO records you have entered but not the "incoming" QSO records that the party you have worked has entered. If you wish to incude any of these you would have to enter them as an "outgoing" record.

2. To elimintate creating duplicate QSO records in your LOTW account, prior to uploading, the most recent ADIF file downloaded from QRZ should be edited to remove the previously uploaded QSO records. (ADIF files are text files arranged in ADIF format.)

3. QRZ confimations apply to QRZ awards (when available). LOTW only recognizes LOTW matches for their award credits.

Thanks for your quick reply. One more question......if I have wrkd a particular station b4, will the name come up in the field automatically as I am entering the new qso info?

No, not for me at least.