Sencore LC 75 Z-Meter 2 - LC Analyzer
Sencore LC75 "Z METER 2" Excellent shape, works perfectly and calibrated recently. $290 + shipping.
Cosmetically great except for minor, barely noticeable minor crack in far left side of plastic meter face. Pictures on request.
Allows capacitors to be checked for value, ESR and leakage at their rated working voltage (up to 600VDC). The LC75 also provides a dielectric absorption test. Inductors are readily tested for value with a patented inductance test and for quality with a patented ringing test. The LC75 is a complete capacitor and inductor analyzer. LC75 can be used for reforming capacitors safely by limiting current.
CAUTION - THIS INSTRUMENT APPLIES HIGH VOLTAGES AND CAN BE LETHAL IF NOT USED PROPERLY ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS OF IF THE OPERATOR IS NOT QUALIFIED AND TRAINED IN THIS TYPE OF TEST EQUIPMENT.
• TYPE: .5", 7 segment LED.
• ACCURACY: Function accuracy + resolution error.
• RESOLUTION: 3 significant digits + counts on 3rd digit (3% digits on capacitors of 100,000 uF to 200,000 uF).
• AUTORANGING: Fully automatic decimal placement. One or two place holding zeros added as needed (does not affect accuracy) to provide standard value readouts of uF, pF, uH, or mH.
• RANGE INDICATORS: Type: LED Operation: Controlled by the autoranging circuits.
• Dynamic test of capacity value determined by measuring one RC time constant when capacitor is charged to +5V through:
o 10 Megohms for 0-9000pF.
o 10 Kilohms for 9000pF-90uF.
o Values greater than 90 uF are charged with a constant current of 60 mA.
• ACCURACY: +/-1% of reading + resolution error +/-1pF. + 5% of reading + resolution error for caps over 1000uF.
• RANGE: 1.0 pF to 199,900 uF in 10 automatically selected ranges.
• ACCURACY: +/-5% + resolution error.
• RANGES: 0 to 99.9 uA and 0 to 9.99K uA in two switch selectable ranges.
• VOLTAGES: 12 selectable DC voltages from 3 VDC to 10 VDC filtered, and from 15 VDC to 600 VDC, non-filtered. Available at test leads only when LEAKAGE pushbutton is depressed. Capacitor is automatically discharged when button is released.
CAPACITOR ESR (Patent Pending)
• ACCURACY: +/-5% + resolution error.
• RANGE: 0.10 Ohm to 999 Ohms in 3 automatically selected ranges.
• CAPACITOR RANGE: luF minimum value for specified accuracy.
CAPACITOR Dielectric Absorption
• Dynamic test of capacitor dielectric absorption determined by the difference in capacity value
• measured before and after applying rated voltage to the capacitor.
• APPLIED VOLTAGE: Same as capacitor leakage.
• ACCURACY: Same as capacitor value accuracy.
INDUCTANCE (In- or Out-of-Circuit)
• Dynamic test of inductance value determined by measuring the EMF caused by a constantly varying current through the coil under test.
• Current rates are: 10 mA/usec - 0 to 90 uH. 1 mA/usec - 90 to 900 uH. 0.lmA/usec - 900 uH to 9 mH. 0.01 mA/usec - 9 to 90 mH. 1 uA/usec - 90 to 900 mH. .1uA/usec - 900 to 9,990 mH.
• ACCURACY: +/- 2% of reading + resolution error.
• RANGES: 1.0 uH to 9,990 mH in 6 automatically selected ranges.
• Dynamic test of inductor quality determined by counting the number of cycles the inductor rings before reaching a preset damping point after a given exciting pulse has been applied
• EXCITING PULSE AMPLITUDE: Approximately 7 Volts peak.
• ACCURACY: +/-1 count from readings of 8 to 13.
Sencore LC75 would you sell a copy of the Ops. & service manuals.
Sorry, I don't have the manuals. Operation is identical to other models. check BAMA for manual to other models.
Originally Posted by KG0LF
Sure would like to have that meter but somewhat out of budget right now. If you dont move it at your price let me know. Use to use one make in my school days when I worked in the electronic shop back in the mid sixties. Have been looking at some of the newer ESR meters to use on some older equipment I want to get working Any electronic item you are looking for that you might consider in trade? I sent a copy of the manual to the guy who was looking for one.
Thanks, Dale K0JXI
Will offer 200 plus 25 shipping if not sold. Please reply direct firstname.lastname@example.org