ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Default HAL ST-8000 RTTY Terminal Unit

If you're ready for a serious TU, or HF Modem as they call it, this is the one for you. I've enjoyed using it for the past 15 years or so. Digital readouts adjusted with a spinner knob, built in oscilloscope, will impress any station visitors Here's the descriptive link: http://www.halcomm.com/ST8000.htm

Front panel's in excellent shape, top and bottom have marks from rack mounting but nothing serious. Version 1.2 of the firmware. You get a copy of both the operator's manual and the service manual. Flip-up stand to elevate front of unit if deskmounted included.

This can actually be used for some digi modes - I used this for AMTOR back in the day. Note that this isn't a TNC - it doesn't decode anything - if it's tuned to an RTTY signal the output is not ASCII data but high and low signal level transitions. You could connect this to a mechanical RTTY machine or a computer. The easiest way to use the ST-8000 today is as a regenerator, where its output is RTTY tones, which are subsequently fed into a sound card for demodulation. In this way you can use the very high quality ST-8000 filters and diversity capabilities whilst still using any computer sound card RTTY package.

You can figure on 23 pounds shipped weight from 53140, and you'll pay what I pay FedEx Ground. No ship charge if you pick it up in the Milwaukee - Chicago area. Price $350 + shipping, PayPal or USPS Money Order. As-is, not returnable.

Email to:
    petef@sprynet.com

Thanks.
    -Pete
    WB2QLL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ahal_front2.jpg   hal_rear.jpg  

hal_scope.jpg  

This ad was posted by WB2QLL PETER R FERRAND, Kenosha, WI 531404448,
    WB2QLL joined QRZ on: 01-01-2000 IP: 65.26.193.129

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send WB2QLL a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

Default ST8000

Serious buyer for ST8000 Reply rdavis7@comcast.net---I can do Paypal rick K8PJQ Phone 586 716 5272---will be away from home until late this evening. I'm not a tire kicker, just a serious buyer
    Quote Originally Posted by WB2QLL View Post
    If you're ready for a serious TU, or HF Modem as they call it, this is the one for you. I've enjoyed using it for the past 15 years or so. Digital readouts adjusted with a spinner knob, built in oscilloscope, will impress any station visitors Here's the descriptive link: http://www.halcomm.com/ST8000.htm

Front panel's in excellent shape, top and bottom have marks from rack mounting but nothing serious. Version 1.2 of the firmware. You get a copy of both the operator's manual and the service manual. Flip-up stand to elevate front of unit if deskmounted included.

This can actually be used for some digi modes - I used this for AMTOR back in the day. Note that this isn't a TNC - it doesn't decode anything - if it's tuned to an RTTY signal the output is not ASCII data but high and low signal level transitions. You could connect this to a mechanical RTTY machine or a computer. The easiest way to use the ST-8000 today is as a regenerator, where its output is RTTY tones, which are subsequently fed into a sound card for demodulation. In this way you can use the very high quality ST-8000 filters and diversity capabilities whilst still using any computer sound card RTTY package.

You can figure on 23 pounds shipped weight from 53140, and you'll pay what I pay FedEx Ground. No ship charge if you pick it up in the Milwaukee - Chicago area. Price $350 + shipping, PayPal or USPS Money Order. As-is, not returnable.

Email to:
    petef@sprynet.com

Thanks.
    -Pete
    WB2QLL

This ad was posted by K8PJQ Richard H Davis, Chesterfield, MI 48047,
    K8PJQ joined QRZ on: 11-08-2002 IP: 98.224.176.253

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send K8PJQ a private message.

The ST-8000 has been sold, thank you everyone.

-Pete
    WB2QLL

This ad was posted by WB2QLL PETER R FERRAND, Kenosha, WI 531404448,
    WB2QLL joined QRZ on: 01-01-2000 IP: 65.26.193.129

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send WB2QLL a private message.