Volusia ARES - Daytona Beach, Fl
Be prepared if your community has an emergency. If you are interested in emergency communications please join Volusia ARES. http://www.VolusiaARES.org
Volusia County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES®) is dedicated to providing non-#emergency and emergency radio communications support as a free service to the citizens of Volusia County. It also partners with other local and nationally‐recognized charities, organizations, non-government organizations (NGOS) and government entities interested in public service or providing for the public good. Volusia ARES also seeks to provide mutual‐aid to surrounding counties during events that require communication support.
Volusia ARES is affiliated with the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES®) and its umbrella organization, the American Radio Relay League, Inc. (ARRL). Representing the local level of the ARES organizational hierarchy, Volusia ARES is part of the East Coast District which is one of eleven
districts within the Northern Florida Section.
Volusia ARES Membership
Volusia ARES membership is composed of volunteer amateur radio operators [Hams] of any license class. Volusia ARES members are:
- public-#service minded individuals who, according to their means and capabilities, are committed to helping the community during times of crisis and disaster as well as assisting various agencies during emergency and non-#emergency events
- willing to participate in meetings, nets, simulated emergency test (SET) exercises, and undergo the training necessary to fulfill their volunteer commitments
- willing to live by a code of conduct through which they will be law-#abiding, maintain a sense of professionalism, be respectful and courteous toward others, avoid misrepresenting themselves as agents or employees of a served agency, and not bring the organization into disrepute.
How to join Volusia ARES
- To apply for membership in Volusia ARES: http://volusiaares.org/join
- Provide Net Control with your contact information during the Wednesday evening net, held on the 147.240 (+600 - Tone 123.0) repeater at 7.30 p.m.
- Contact: Martin “Marty” Wilcox, W9OV, Volusia ARES Public Information Officer, email@example.com
Visit us on Facebook
Meetings and DirectionsWe meet on the third saturday of every month at the Volusia County Fire Training Center, 3889 Tiger Bay Road, Daytona Beach. TRAINING SESSIONS ARE OPEN TO ALL HAMS; VISITORS ARE WELCOME.
U.S. 92 (International Speedway Blvd.) between DeLand and Daytona Beach. Turn north on Indian Lake Road, turn west on Tiger Bay Road. The fire training facility is aproximatly 1/4 mile west of Indian Lake Road.
Parking is at the rear of the facility. Please use the fiirst driveway west of the fire station. The classrooms are accessible through the screened-in porch area also located at the rear of the fire station. The fire services training center is wheelchair accessible, should you have any concerns or special needs please contact us ahead of time.
TALK IN: 147.240 +600 – TONE 123.0
Martin "Marty" Wilcox, W9OV
Volusia ARES Public Information Officer
East Coast District News
Central Florida D-Star Group
.-- ----. --- ...-