ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec

Smile AL 80B 10 METER MOD

Hi all,
    I finally took the plunge and bought my new AL 80B from HRO. It arrived in very good condition within a few days. I am in the process of getting things in the shack ready, 240 volt circuit, etc. (I am going to change the transformer connections to 240 v).
    My question is about the 10 meter mod. I read here a while back about the "green jumper". There is a green jumper on the tuned input board that seems to be shorting out the "aux", (10 meter) inductor. I would guess this would be the correct jumper to remove. But I want to be sure. Am I correct on this? I would also think removing the entire jumper would be better than just cutting it.
    I could send Ameritron a copy of my lic, but this is a bit of a pain.
    At the moment I only have a 10m antenna up, but will be doing a full installation of a ground mounted 4btv w/radials when the ground thaws in the mid spring.

Thanks and 73's
    Todd

Yes, just cut the green wire going to ground from the 10m input coil. That's it,

Thanks for the info! Just wanted to verify this.

73's
    Todd

When I had mine open, I looked to see, JOOC if there were other green wires - there ARE, but they are nowhere near the bandswitch, so as long as you cut the green wire located in the back, right hand corner....I think the other green wire is near the meters.

But it's obvious which green wire when you see the picture.
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank