ad: l-rl
ad: l-Heil
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper

Contribute
to QRZ

I have a KG-UVD1P. It's a good value for money choice for a simple & solid handheld radio like that! The only disadvantage is its small battery capacity, only 1300 mAh. So I bought an eliminator for car or home use. Through a Diamond MR77 magnetic mount antenna I have very good access to a few local repeaters transmitting with 1 Watt only. Hmm, another disadvantage is that I can't turn on permanently the screen's backlight, compared to the Baofeng UV-X4 pocket handheld radio! Nevermind! Wouxun is a nice cheap radio! Can't compare it with an Icom or a Yaesu, Kenwood etc, but it's cool!

You can get a 1700 mAh battery. Even with the 1500 pack, life is awesome. The 1300 really isn't bad either.
    John KD8DVR

I have a KG-UVD1P, never any problems, as well as the Baofeng UV-3R, I hate to say it, but they both are working great, and for less than 150.00$, I cant say enough about them. Cross band, no, by two, and you can!

Quote Originally Posted by KD8DVR View Post
    You can get a 1700 mAh battery. Even with the 1500 pack, life is awesome. The 1300 really isn't bad either.
    Well, the Wouxun now is in my poor shack. I take it with me outdoor rarely, so the 1300 pack is ok. From now and on I'm going to invest on equipment where the real magic is: HF!

73 de SV4NLA, Matthaios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2