ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov

Default HRD DX Cluster Problem

I just upgraded to the latest release of HRD. Everything works fine, including the logbook. However, I have noticed one problem. The DX cluster info only displays on the logbook page and not the HRD page as with the old revision. Not a big deal, I guess. But, when on the logbook page where the cluster now displays, when I click on a spot, the transceiver will only go to that freq if I am currently on that band. For example, if my rig is on 15 meters and I click on a 15 meter spot, the rig goes to that spot freq - no problem. However, if I am on 15 and click on a 40 meter spot the rig won't change bands and take me to the 40 meter spot freq. Any ideas? Is this normal, or do I have something set up wrong?
    Everything else seems to work, just this one hiccup that I would like to correct if possible.

Thanks,
    Bill

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the cluster display. I use HRD v5.0 build 2893. The cluster has only displayed on the logbook page for as long as I've used HRD, which has been only the beta 5.0 version. As far as band changes, I can click on any spot within the bandspread display in logbook on the right that shows the entire band and the rig will change to that frequency, no matter what band I happen to currently be listening on. Are you having any problem with the computer control of your rig otherwise? Does HRD appear to fully control the rig without any problem??

............Bob
    ex-W4DFW Ham since 1970. ARRL Life Member and Volunteer Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by WA3UCR View Post
    I just upgraded to the latest release of HRD. Everything works fine, including the logbook. However, I have noticed one problem. The DX cluster info only displays on the logbook page and not the HRD page as with the old revision. Not a big deal, I guess. But, when on the logbook page where the cluster now displays, when I click on a spot, the transceiver will only go to that freq if I am currently on that band. For example, if my rig is on 15 meters and I click on a 15 meter spot, the rig goes to that spot freq - no problem. However, if I am on 15 and click on a 40 meter spot the rig won't change bands and take me to the 40 meter spot freq. Any ideas? Is this normal, or do I have something set up wrong?
    Everything else seems to work, just this one hiccup that I would like to correct if possible.

Thanks,
    Bill
    My FT-950 will change bands when I single click on a DX spot. If I am on 10 M and go check the spots on 40 and single click on one it will change to 40.

Bring the Radio Pane up and make sure your rig is connected to HRD. Other than that I can not come up with any reason why your radio will not change bands Bill.

73, Rick VE3FMC

Thanks Bob and Rick. I appreciate your responses.
    Everything seems to work fine, except for this small problem. All rig control functions work and the logbook works fine also. I just can't seem to QSY from band to band using the Cluster and my mouse. Within a band it works fine - but trying to go from one band to another by clicking on a spot does not work. The rig (K2) seems to want to change, the audio mutes for a second, but it remains on the original frequency. I saved the old Version 4 that I had been using for years, so for now I just reinstalled that. I may try downloading Version 5 again someday and see what happens. Version 5 looks like a very nice upgrade, so I'm not giving up yet - but I don't have much time to tinker with it at the moment.
    Thanks again and 73,
    Bill

That's pretty odd. One would think if it could change freq inside a band.. it could change bands. If it can change in the current band segment, it is certainly connected to the computer properly as CAT is working... I really don't know..

Maybe it would be prudent to check on a K2 message board, maybe its something rig specific.

Quote Originally Posted by WA3UCR View Post
    Thanks Bob and Rick. I appreciate your responses.
    Everything seems to work fine, except for this small problem. All rig control functions work and the logbook works fine also. I just can't seem to QSY from band to band using the Cluster and my mouse. Within a band it works fine - but trying to go from one band to another by clicking on a spot does not work. The rig (K2) seems to want to change, the audio mutes for a second, but it remains on the original frequency. I saved the old Version 4 that I had been using for years, so for now I just reinstalled that. I may try downloading Version 5 again someday and see what happens. Version 5 looks like a very nice upgrade, so I'm not giving up yet - but I don't have much time to tinker with it at the moment.
    Thanks again and 73,
    Bill
    Even before you stated it, I knew you were using an Elecraft rig. Same holds true for the K3.

I'm not sure what the menu item is on the K2 (or even if there is one), but on the K3 there is a config menu item (VFO IND) that is set by default to "NO". Set it to yes, and you should be good to go.

Dave
    K3DCW

Thanks Dave - I'll give it a try.
    Bill

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by W4PG View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the cluster display. I use HRD v5.0 build 2893. The cluster has only displayed on the logbook page for as long as I've used HRD, which has been only the beta 5.0 version. <snip>

............Bob
    Back in v4.x and earlier, the Cluster displayed on the HRD Rig control pane, but was Moved to Logbook in v5.0, when Logbook became a separate module (program),

Solved my problem with my K3.......Thank You!

Steve
    K3WKM

What was the problem?