ad: chuckmartin

Ham Radio Cures Cancer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0LAI, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0LAI

K0LAI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KG4LJB

KG4LJB Ham Member QRZ Page

This story is several years old.

It looks tantalizingly interesting.

Call me a jaded skeptic, but I'm pretty confident that like most cancer "breakthroughs" this will likely be the last you hear of it.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

John did great work and is sorely missed. This approach is excellent, but the docs and the vc's need to get in line to push it thru. So much these days ties in to doc careerism seeking NIH or related funds. Would be a damn shame if this got lost in the shuffle.

Chip W1YW

4. WA3UCR

WA3UCR Ham Member QRZ Page

John was a good friend of mine. He was the president of the radio club that sponsored the classes I took to get my Novice in 1972, so I had known him a long time. There is a lot of research going on right now at M.D. Anderson in Texas, UC Davis in CA, and UPMC Pittsburgh. A company in Erie, PA has a machine almost ready for human trials, and it will be ready by the time the FDA grants approval for human trials. One of my old college EE professors is involved with the design and documentation. You can learn more at

www.kanzius.org

73 Bill

5. W6UDO

W6UDO Ham Member QRZ Page

There's good stuff about John on youtube, including an interview he did with Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes. A real gentle, humble man...very evident just from the interviews he did. Even though he knew his cancer was terminal, his one wish was to see one child cured with his device before he died (the only time I've ever seen a reporter come near to being choked up).
    Very 73...Joe

6. KA1RLA

KA1RLA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not to mention the fact that in lab animal trials they had a 100% success rate with pancreatic cancer. This is the most exciting method of treating cancer yet. The sooner we get it in practice the more lives will be saved, maybe our own. You can check them out also on Facebook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.