ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Icom IC-V89

I bought this off eBay about 1 month ago. I was looking for a small 2 meter HT, and this fit the bill. I've since found one smaller, so this one needs to go. This is a great inexpensive HT. Covers 136-174mhz. 5 watts out with great audio. Includes 2 spare batteries still in the package. $85.00 shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN4241.JPG  
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

This ad was posted by K4RLK RONALD L KING, LECANTO, FL 34461,
    K4RLK joined QRZ on: 06-29-2001 IP: 72.185.30.197

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send K4RLK a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.

I don't want to create bad feelings but I feel I should bring this to your's and other Ham's attention. I researched this unit to see if it would fit what I needed and found that Icom has never made an IC-v89 product. He's the link.. http://www.icom.co.jp/world/notice/a...V89/IC-V89.pdf They say it's counterfeit and NOT in their product line, main list of counterfeit products is here.. www.icom.co.jp/world/notice/alert_trademark/list other units like the v85 ARE in their product line and are discontinued but are still being counterfeited as new. Just thought I should point this out.

This ad was posted by KC2YKY Duane R Loveland, Sr, WEEDSPORT, NY 13166,
    KC2YKY joined QRZ on: 05-21-2010 IP: 74.79.248.194

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send KC2YKY a private message.

thanks for posting the links to Icom's site. I always knew these were knock off Chinese road apples.
    Love cheap plastic crap from China, the king of intellectual property thievery. If you look at the V89 and the other fake Icoms, you can see they are clearly NOT Icom radios. There are also fake Yaesu and Kenwood rigs, brokenstolencounterfeitradios.com aka Ebay is abundant with them.

This ad was posted by N4XTS ERIK M BAGBY, SMYRNA, GA 300824323,
    N4XTS joined QRZ on: 06-02-2002 IP: 108.252.209.59

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N4XTS a private message.

Would you be willing to donate this to an Amateur Radio Kids Club. My kids formed it to try and promote the hobby to others of the next generation. The Hamlets of today are the Hams of tomorrow.

Look up WK1RK to see their(our) info. We are trying to collect HTs to use as loaners to new Hamlets. So far we have two but neither has tone capability. So they are used for kids to monitor the repeaters while they study for their license.

Sincerely,
    Phillip Nichols, N8AYE
    Trustee for WK1RK = M.A.R.K. Club
    -.-. --.- -.. . .--- -.-. ....- -.-- --- ..-

WK1RK - http://www.cmrk.net/wk1rk
    Michigan Amateur Radio Kid's Net
    QRP-ARCI#14220
    NAQCC#5340

This ad was posted by N8AYE Phillip S Nichols, Oak Park, MI 48237,
    N8AYE joined QRZ on: 06-12-2007 IP: 66.184.41.130

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send N8AYE a private message.