ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-tentec

Default Drake -tr7 contact info needed for repair of radio

I am trying to find someone who can repair my drake tr-7 tranciever . I remember the name John kriner or close to that name that services and repairs drakes . There was another guy , but I can't remember his name . If anybody out there can help I'd greatly appericiate it . I finally can afford to get it fixed but don't know who to send it . Also I was wondering about when they repair them they say the radio will be in factory settings yet say that the tranciever when repaired will only transmitt around a 120 watts or less on sideband , even though the user manual says it will transmitt 250 watt pep . Anyways thanks for reading and helping out if you can. Email is kc9tjh_mycall@yahoo.com . I check my email quite often
    Jeremiah
    Kc9tjh

PEP is Peak Envelope Power. To measure this requires a special meter which with an active circuitry which needs electrical power. Very few hams actually have such meters. Common power meters measure something closer to average power which as you are aware is much lower.
    "RF gotta go somewhere!"

I use a powered daiwa ns-660 series so I get the more accurate readings and my daiwa meter is a few years old but calibrated and in immaculate condition overall . Anyways I'm still sending my drake tr7 for repairs just as soon as I know where to ship it to . Still though I'm wondering why I can't seem to find a reasonable hf for sale or at least that I can find . Anyways back to the drake I'm thinking I should write down the problems with it and the timeline it happened

9TJH I replied in your other thread. Contact Jeff Covelli, WA8SAJ or Evan, K9SQG about repairs. Your manual states 250W which is INPUT power, not output power. My TR4C and T4XB have the same finals.

So the radio only uses maybe 4amps I'm looking at the original manual and it does say output power an is 250 watts pep 250 watts equals 2.27 amps roughly . Must have been a selling point then to list radios outputs higher than the factory settings . Anyways it says here in writing output power for the different modes . Who knows what is going on there

The ALC adjustment procedure here, says set it for 140-150 watts output. That site comes well recommended, and has lots useful TR-7 info, whether or not you intend to fix it yourself or send it out. Enjoy!

BTW...the adjustment control for one of those mentioned on that page can be difficult to find...but it's there if you look hard enough.

Enjoy that superb radio! I LOVE mine!