ad: M2Ant-1

QRZ Subscription XML Lookup update!

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by K1ING, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1ING

K1ING Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I get a window opening on my desktop over and over and over again. It keeps telling me there is an update. I DL the file (zipped) Unzip it and try to install and this is what I get:
    error.gif
    Is there a way to make this update quit coming. When I shut down my loggin program (logger32) sometimes there 30-40 of these windows open on the screen.

Whats up with this?

Please help. I'm not really big on computers but doing the best I can.

Thanks, from a very annoyed ham
    K1ING
    Jerry...:(

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Jerry,

I don't use Logger32, but from your description is this a QRZ or Logger32 issue? I use the QRZ XML interface and there's no "program" associated with it. If it's something with Logger32, maybe check http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hamlogger/messages and see what you can find?

David - K2DSL

3. K1ING

Trying to become a member right now and I'll ask them if they can help me with this.

I've brought this to the attention of QRZ and they said they is nno problem on there side.

Hope I can get this figured out.

I use the members info box that tells me there location, name and other things by putting in the callsign but this other thing is just another item I think. I dont know why I would need to different windows open that tell me the same thing. Or maybe I'm not understanding things. Very possible.

4. K1ING

I sent them a lengthy email. Hope they can help me with this problem. QRZ says theres no problem on there end so if they cant help I might just have to cancel my subscription to QRZ. Maybe then it would stop.

If anyone else has any ideas please send them my way.
    Thanks, Jerry...

5. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Jerry,

I'm not a Logger32 user but in what I can tell, Logger32 itself doesn't support QRZ as a lookup but N2AMG created a plug-in interface. I find info at http://www.n2amg.com/software/qrz-lookups-for-logger32/ . http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hamlogger/message/48684 seems to be an active thread in the Logger32 forum and N2AMG has posted in there as well.

I want to point out that it isn't a QRZ issue you are encountering if you have an XML subscription. I don't know if re-installing and re-configuring that plug-in will help. Not paying for QRZ won't change what the Logger32 program and N2AMG's interface is trying to do.

David - K2DSL

6. K1ING

Thanks Dave. I got with N2amg and I think I got this issue under control. Time will tell.

Thanks to all who has tried to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.