ad: chuckmartin

Russian taxi-interference on 28 MHz

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Russian taxi-interference on 28 MHz

Uli, DJ9KR reports on efforts to resolve the problem of taxi drivers in the Russian Federation using 28 MHz FM.

On the IARU region 1 website his writes:

Dear fellow Intruder Busters,

More than a year ago (24 October 2010) I asked the Headquarters of SRR, Box 88, 119311 Moscow (attention Roman R. Thomas RZ3AA, Yuri B. Malyuk RA4AR) for assistance because of the big number of illegal taxis in Russian language in FM in the range 28000 - 29700 kHz.

The letter was by Air Mail and by e-Mail. Unfortunately I received no answer so far.

So I decided to contact the Russian telecom authorities directly.
    On 29 September 2011 I sent my complaint by fax and Registered Air Mail to the Radio Frequency Service, General Radio Frequency Centre, Federal State Unitary Enterprise, 7 Tverskaya Str., Moscow 125375.

To my surprise on 31 October 2011 I received an answer by fax re. RUS / CIS taxis in the range 28000 - 29700 kHz.

Here is the answer from Moscow:
    http://www.iarums-r1.org/iarums/grfc2011

IARU Region 1
    http://www.iaru-r1.org/

Please log your reports of Amateur Band intruders online at
    http://peditio.net/intruder/bluechat.cgi

Monitor the short wave bands on-line with a web based SDR receiver
    http://www.websdr.org/

IARU Monitoring System (IARUMS)
    http://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=87

southgate_logo_200.gif

Get Southgate Amateur Radio News by Email

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

2. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

This intrusion is ongoing for at least a decade or more.
    The problem might be there are 1000's of them to be heard when the band opens here, that might be a small portion of the illegal operating stations that are there in reality.
    I wonder why this went past the authorities "undetected" and why nothing was done before, i know i send in many intrusion reports last solar maximum.

Never got an answer though..

3. DK8XX

DK8XX Ham Member QRZ Page

No worries dr OMs - we also heard them regularly during our 10-10 chapter nets on 28.355. Since most of us do QRO, we could convince them easily to QSY hi. Contests like last weekend´s CQ WW definitely should lead to a similar result.

Anyway, I highly appreciate the effort of all intruder busters - but also should we all be reminded of the old saying of "use it or lose it".

73, Jan

4. MM0IMC

MM0IMC Guest

I wanted to add that this is something that we've had to suffer with during the Spordic E season as well, not just during the solar maximum. They can be found right from 25MHz through to 30MHz and above! Around 25MHz there is a Radio Astronomy allocation and HF Marine allocation, these maybe getting affected too.

Ian - MM0IMC.

5. K4YZ

K4YZ Guest

Way to go!

Now what I need to do is geta copy of this letter, and the next time I have dealings with the U.S.'s Federal Communications Commission, send a copy of it and ask them "...why don't YOU offer customer service like this?"...!

Steve, K4YZ

6. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

you guys need to seriously get a life .

7. KB4RGC

KB4RGC Ham Member QRZ Page

A couple of years ago they had a bunch of illegal cabs on 28MHz in NYC.

8. M0TTB

M0TTB Ham Member QRZ Page

What are you on about?

9. MM0IMC

MM0IMC Guest

Got one already thanks and enjoying it to the full!;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  10. K6MFW

K6MFW Ham Member QRZ Page

This thread is just begging for a "In Soviet Russia..."

Speaking of cabs on 28MHz, few years ago in Mazatlan during stop from cruise ship and our group looking for a cab to get back to the pier. I said we need to get one of those with long CB whip, we got one only to find he didn't have a radio. Oh well, so much for that.

11. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Use it or lose it....Excellent advice. One reason various non-radio Amateur groups grab on to 10 meters is because we tend o under utilize this band. A great land -mobile band, a GREAT DX band. How 'bout some of us talking our 2 meter buddies into trying long winded QSO's on ten instead? Sounds kind of spectrum wasteful, but it IS better than opening the spectrum to uninvited illegals, CB type DXers, Taxi cab land mobile, para-military comms, etc.

12. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

"In America, you call a cab. In Soviet Russia, the cab calls YOU!"

13. MM3NRX

MM3NRX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have heard a chinese AM Broadcast station approx. 29.650 MHz AM. On 10m today was a Russian/Baltic state AM Broadcast on 29.082 AM. The Link to Video is here: [video=youtube;63zTodOswjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zTodOswjQ[/video] Note* you can hear the FM Taxi service with the Broadcast :-S

de Jason - MM3NRX

14. N0RRS

N0RRS Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. It seems the more "toys" someone has to play with the more they gripe about someone interfering with their fun. Never mind the fact these guys are thousands of miles from the U.S.A. and only use their radios for cab fares. LOL
    N0RRS

15. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

seriously guys if you are worried about stuff like this what happens in russia we need to seriously find you some women or get you out of the house more.. i am sure that russia really cares if there is a taxi service in one of their small frozen towns talking on 28 mhz. seriously guys.. get a life ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.