ad: Radclub22-1

KBARA Repeaters (Washington State) go live, streaming audio 24/7!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1RR, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K1RR

K1RR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to Duff, WA7BFN and John, KD7AAT our dreams of streaming KBARA's frequencies live over the internet have come true!

From www.kbara.org you can click on "Streaming Audio", you can now listen live 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to our huge network of repeaters! And if you want to hear yourself live over the internet, feel free to connect to us via IRLP. Our node number is 3957! Give it a try! We also hold a net every morning, at 7am - 8am local time (14:00 UTC) and you are welcome to dial us up, check-in, or just listen to the net via 'Streaming Audio'!

The KBARA repeater system consists of several privately owned linked Amateur Radio repeaters. It covers an area from northeastern Washington to northeastern Oregon, and from western Montana to central Washington. The KBARA system is also part of the Evergreen Intertie, an interconnected group of repeaters located around the Pacific Northwest.

Most KBARA FM repeaters operate in the VHF bands and are linked by UHF radios. The repeaters' frequencies, call signs and locations are as follows:

147.38 MHz W7OE, Mica Peak, east of Spokane, WA
    147.36 MHz KF7QLH, Stensgar (Stranger) Mt., north of Spokane near Chewelah, WA
    147.28 MHz KD7DDQ, Pikes Peak, southeast of Walla Walla, WA
    147.02 MHz K7HPT, Lookout Pass, on the Idaho-Montana border
    146.74 MHz W7HFI, Kamiak Butte, near Colfax and Pullman, WA
    223.90 MHz AK2O, Stensgar (Stranger) Mt., north of Spokane near Chewelah, WA
    444.35 MHz N1NG, Mica Peak, east of Spokane, WA
    3957 IRLP Node N1NG, south hill, Spokane, WA
    53.75 MHz N7ZUF, Kamiak Butte, near Colfax and Pullman, WA (100 Hz Tone)

2. W7HTA

W7HTA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool Deal! Nice work John and Duff! See you on the air!

73, Henry

3. W7OE

W7OE Ham Member QRZ Page

Great job! W7OE

4. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok this is cool I guess... Now all you need to do is get rid of the pesky repeaters and go straight internet and your all set!! No radios needed!!

:)

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep those linked repeaters coming! They really make it more interesting when you're travelling the west.

6. W0QPO

W0QPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to Duff and John! Great to have this option. We have to blend all these modes.
    W0QPO

7. AF7MG

AF7MG Ham Member QRZ Page

Good job! Thanks for making it happen.

A.J. KC7OKV

8. K7EHT

K7EHT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for keeping KBARA interesting and cool. The airwaves wouldn't be the same without you guys. :D

9. WA7RBC

WA7RBC Ham Member QRZ Page

What a good way to introduce radio to the Internet-bound crowd! Good work, except it made me homesick-- I grew up near Pullman.
    73, Ron.

10. W7MWL

W7MWL Ham Member QRZ Page

This is why I enjoyed my time as a member of KBARA when i was in the Spokane area. This crowdis always looking for new, better, and interesting ideas to make the hobby fun and interesting for others. great work :D

11. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't seem to work,is it completely muted when there is no activity on the repeater?
    On Windows media,I can see the occasional ripple on the otherwise flat line.--No sound,not even a bit of hiss!
    No joy on Flashplayer,either.
    The podcasts on the same page work on both Windows media & flashplayer.
    Obviously,the most active times are probably when I'm in bed snoring my head off,but the dead silence sounds like there is a problem.
    73,VK6ZGO

12. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

OK monitoring right now no one around. I kept the web site for further listening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.