ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov

Default Heathkit SB-200 1KW Linear Amplifier Kit

Unbuilt Unassembled Heathkit SB-200 HF Linear Amplifier Kit

The Heathkit SB-200 is a 5 band (80-10 M) amateur radio SSB/CW 1KW Linear Amplifier, and is being offered in original unbuilt kit form. The amateur radio kit is complete, in the original shipping box, with all parts and assembly/operating manual. The SB-200/201 was a very popular amplifier kit (produced from 1964-1983). The SB 200/201 series linear amplifiers have long been called an amateur radio ‘Classic’, and exhibits Heathkit’s finest engineering, quality, and reliability (with many amplifiers still on the air after decades of faithful service).

The SB-200 is rated at 1200 watts input PEP and 1000 watts CW/RTTY using a pair of fan-cooled, instant-on, conservatively rated 572B tubes running in grounded grid class B. A broadband pre-tuned pi-input delivers maximum efficiency with extremely low distortion over the entire 80-10 meter bands. Just 100 watts of exciter drive is that is required to the drive the amplifier to full output. The solid-state built-in power supply can be easily wired for 120 or 240 VAC operation. Other features include ALC to prevent distortion producing overdrive, built-in SWR bridge, and front panel switch-selected full metering.

The SB-200 is in the original Heathkit boxes, one for the main kit and a second box for the large transformer. Re-live the joy of electronic kit building through assembly of this classic Heathkit “Gallon” amplifier, and the pride that comes with going on-the-air and making that first QSO with your newly assembled amp.

Listing is limited to one photo, which shows the SB-200 main kit box and transformer kit box. For the photo I limited unpacking the main box only to show the assembly manual and to preserve the original from-the-factory packing configuration (most of the electronics, including the 572B tubes, are buried within the green metal cabinet as Heathkit did so often when efficiently packaging their kits. I’m sure if I had taken the parts out of the cabinet I never would have been able to restore the original packing.

Price is $2495 firm, plus shipping (UPS) & insurance. Payment via PayPal preferred for immediate shipment or pickup; other payment methods negotiable but will require confirmed bank deposit prior to shipment of item.

Although all items and packages appear to be complete and in good condition, I must sell the equipment As-Is due to their age. All items will be double boxed to insure their safe shipment.

Please contact me via email (sdvangen@earthlink.net) if you have any specific questions. Thank you for your time & interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heathkit SB-200 kit.jpg  

This ad was posted by WB0QMZ SCOTT D VANGEN, TITUSVILLE, FL 32780,
    WB0QMZ joined QRZ on: 07-10-2008 IP: 24.110.218.25

To inquire about this listing, please contact the seller directly as specified in the ad.

If no email address or phone was given, click HERE to send WB0QMZ a private message.

QRZ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of this listing.