ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl

Default Minimax Antenna discussion

I will start a thread for discussion. Even though I'm building them, doing it with detailed instructions from Tom and using his antenna analyzer, I am just trying to learn about them myself so I don't have all the answers.

I know very little more than what is on his website; http://minimaxantennas.com/

But I can call Tom with questions.

I glanced at that site, and I see no diagrams or technical explanation of how they work. Am I missing something?

Do you have a schematic or diagram?
    73, Mike
    http://www.w0btu.com

The other thread about small business for ham gear didn't allow much commentary but I had asked a question there that wasn't answered: You said you adjust each antenna using an analyzer, etc. and I asked "What do you adjust?"

It would be interesting to know what you're actually adjusting, that would tell us a bit more about the design.

My first point of interest was that it was an April publication.
    The second point was that a patent was applied for, at least I thought it said that.
    So why is information being with held as the construction details are most assuredly available
    from the PTO. The third point of interest was that it didn't need a ground plane which
    would mean that it is either shielded or alternatively a full WL. Yes, it could probably work in some fashion
    but fashion usually only lasts for less than a year.I like the idea of trying for a better antenna but is better best
    and best at what.I am personally waiting to see what congress is going to do with respect to patent laws as they are not only lazy
    but in their search for money to spend they robbed the PTO of all its funds and didn't leave them enough funds to do their job
    Congress immediatly fiddled with the existing rules that allowed first to file as the owner even if they were stolen goods. Now they intent to create
    commissions to determine if applications given could be later revoked.Still congress is made up of the peoples wishes so we will get what we deserve.
    As for Tom W8JI I assume he is stuck on a new antenna structure somewhere in a World of his own to prove big is better and better is best!
    I guess the whole thing is a April one article until more info is more forth comming
    Art.

This thread challenges the credability of QRZ. Is is just a clumsy product of a child.
    Some may not see any harm in such a poor joke but this forum is meant to help
    newbies with questions on radio and when such garbage is allowed to be posted it removes any confidence
    from a newby with respect to the integrity of responses given. In fact it is a disservice to the hobby of ham radio.
    If Tom W8JI has involvment in this posting then shame on him. If his name was used without his consent then I am quite sure that Tom can deal with the joker.
    Art Unwin KB9MZ

To me, the photos of the antenna looked like an "E-H" antenna, which has been around for a long time; however without any details, I can't tell for sure.

That's why I asked, "What are you tuning?"

If the question remains unanswered, then this is all a hoax.

Ditto
    It seems to me like another whiz bam.
    In the light of these miracle antennas I always point to W4RNL article on how to market an antenna http://www.antennex.com/shack/Jul05/sell.html
    Spend a few minutes, great read.
    73 de Pat w3po/vq9po

Tom has always been a person that I looked to for many antenna questions and many of his designs are copied and sold like the DX Engineering kits very nice ones.
    73 de Fred N0AZZ

The License is Only Your Starting Point in Radio!
    MVDX/CC of SW MO., DX Hogs, OARS, NARC, NCDXF
    ARRL member, ARRL and W5YI VE
    DX the thrill of the chase

""D-STAR making use of the 2/ 440m repeaters for real world Digital Voice usage around town and around the world""

" Not one of us can do what all of us can do " ** Max Lucado

Quote Originally Posted by KB9MZ View Post
    This thread challenges the credability of QRZ. Is is just a clumsy product of a child.
    newbies with questions on radio and when such garbage is allowed to be posted it removes any confidence
    from a newby with respect to the integrity of responses given. In fact it is a disservice to the hobby of ham radio.
    If Tom W8JI has involvment in this posting then shame on him. If his name was used without his consent then I am quite sure that Tom can deal with the joker.
    Art Unwin KB9MZ

Different Tom,Art!

73,VK6ZGO

Quote Originally Posted by KB9MZ View Post
    Art Unwin KB9MZ
    I think you have mistaken Tom W8JI for Tom KE4LH , the builder of the antennas.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast