ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov

Contribute
to QRZ

Default DX Engineering DXE400MAX Cable?

Has anyone had any DIRECT experience with DX Engineering DXE400MAX cable? This is their version of Davis RF's Buryflex400. I'll soon be buying a 500' spool of something LMR400UF-ish and I'm interested in hearing anything bad (or good) about the quality of their cable.

I CAN HELP by telling you I have absolutely never used the stuff.

It is private labeled coax. Three guesses who made it, and two don't count!
    Alan Applegate, KBG
    http://www.k0bg.com

Quote Originally Posted by WB2WIK View Post
    I CAN HELP by telling you I have absolutely never used the stuff.
    Oh, a wise guy, eh?! Here... walk into this! [sticks out two fingers]

Quote Originally Posted by K0BG View Post
    It is private labeled coax. Three guesses who made it, and two don't count!
    You answered a question I didn't ask. I don't care who makes it. I care ONLY about the quality.

I can't comment on the quality because I've honestly never used their cable.

However you discussed LMR400UF'ish cable, and the DXE cable linked isn't "UF" type at all; it has a solid center conductor. (UF has stranded.)

I looked at the DXE website to see if they had "UF" type cable like this, and I didn't see any.

Hi, Bryan -

We would be happy to send you a 5 foot length for your perusal and for your use. No obligation on your part.
    You won't be charged and you don't need to return it.

I will send them a copy of this message and if you like you can call in the morning to order it.

Paul
    NO8D

However you discussed LMR400UF'ish cable, and the DXE cable linked isn't "UF" type at all; it has a solid center conductor. (UF has stranded.)
    This sure looks like it says it's stranded:
    Center Conductor: AWG #10, 19/.0210" Strand Bare Copper

Quote Originally Posted by NO8D View Post
    We would be happy to send you a 5 foot length for your perusal and for your use.
    Thanks but that's not what I asked.

Again, I want to know ONLY about personal experience from end-users of this cable.

Quote Originally Posted by WA7PRC View Post
    Has anyone had any DIRECT experience with DX Engineering DXE400MAX cable? This is their version of Davis RF's Buryflex400. I'll soon be buying a 500' spool of something LMR400UF-ish and I'm interested in hearing anything bad (or good) about the quality of their cable.
    No personal experience with it Bryan, but DX Engineering has a good reputation in my circle of Ham Friends. I could not imagine DX Engineering compromising the good reputation they enjoy in the Ham Radio Community by selling a POS Cable.
    [URL="https://plus.google.com/103580376815288647434/posts"]Chris Tucker[/URL] - KA7NIQ
    [URL="http://www.roof-cleaning-tampa.com/2010/10/volunteer-roof-cleaning-tampa.html"]Ham Does Volunteer Roof Cleaning Work For Tampa Area Charity[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by WA7PRC View Post
    This sure looks like it says it's stranded:
    Thanks for the correction! I didn't click on the "tech info," and was going only by the photograph which clearly shows a single solid conductor. The "tech info" is hopefully correct, and it does show the cable is stranded.

Thanks for the correction! I didn't click on the "tech info," and was going only by the photograph which clearly shows a single solid conductor. The "tech info" is hopefully correct, and it does show the cable is stranded.
    Also, when I called today, I was told the jacket is UV-resistant (the tech info doesn't state that). It's kinda important for an outdoor cable. Yes, even here in the "overcast" Pac NW.

Quote Originally Posted by KA7NIQ View Post
    I could ot imagine DX Engineering compromising the good reputation they enjoy in the Ham Radio Community by selling a POS Cable.
    Not that they would sell junk but, I'm looking for some reassurance from end-users. I checked eHam for reviews (none found).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast