ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-Heil

Contribute
to QRZ

Default Motorola Desktrac

Picked up a Desktrac repeater at the Hamfest today. Transmitter works fine, Receiver works fine. Duplexer is tuned correctly. Problem is that I can't get it to go into repeater mode.. Will receive but will not transmit. It will transmit manually using the Trans button or the hand mic. The power led is lit, the repeater led is lit and the thing I'm not sure of is that the Mon. led is lit.
    The only thing that I can come up with is this rig is set up for a controller. Am I correct in this guess? Can it be changed with the software? Any suggestions are welcome,,, Thanks.

Picked up a Motorola DeskTrac repeater at the Hamfest today.
    Transmitter works fine, Receiver works fine. Duplexer is tuned correctly.
    Problem is that I can't get it to go into Repeater Mode.
    Stephen -

Your BEST reference source for Repeaters, Setup and Usage is the Repeater Builders Technical Information Page, found here:
    http://www.repeater-builder.com/maxtrac/desktrac.html

The DeskTrac is a desktop station that contains one or two MaxTrac radios, a power supply, a front panel, and an optional remote control / line interface.
    These are available as base/control stations or repeater stations.
    Two separate antennas or an external duplexer is needed for the repeaters.

Did you get the programming cable and software?

The DeskTrac base/repeater stations use DeskTrac Radio Service Software (RSS) package RVN-4079,
    which consists of the DeskTrac program and the conventional MaxTrac RSS package.

A standard RIB and MaxTrac programming cable are the hardware components that complete the setup for programming the radio.
    All of this MaxTrac programming software is old DOS-only software; by now all readers should know what that implies.
    If not, see and READ the RIB & RSS article -- elsewhere in the Motorola section on the Repeater Builders TIP web site.

Programming is done via the front panel MIC jack. A rotary switch in the middle of the DeskTrac's front housing controls
    whether RSS talks to the transceiver (or transmitter in repeater stations) in position 1 (fully counter-clockwise),
    or receiver (in repeater stations) in position 2, or the line interface in position 3 (fully clockwise).

Pop the small round cover off the front and insert a flat-blade screwdriver into the switch to select the device you wish to program.
    The DeskTrac RSS tells you where to set this switch whenever you read or write a code plug to the station.
    ==
    Motorola MaxTrac, Radius, GM300, DeskTrac, GR series Index page
    http://www.repeater-builder.com/maxt...rac-index.html

Information On and Modifications For Motorola® Equipment
    http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/mojoindex.html

Repeater Builders TIP - Main page
    http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbti...tml#main-index

===
    w9gb
    Nullius in verba

Thank You for the wealth of information. I guess I need the software to solve my problem. I will be getting that soon. Just have to stop by the guys house as he also has some other goodies for me.

Do you know what "PL" tone the repeater receiver is programmed with ?
    They usually require a CTCSS or DCS tone from a user's radio to repeat any signal.
    73.....JD, FISTS #3853,cc 455,SKCC # 1395,tribune #12,
    Official US Taxpayer