ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-tentec
ad: l-innov

Question How to design rhombic antenna?

hello.
    I Sigurdur oskar TF2WIN

I've been thinking to do rohbic antenna home with me but I'm not sure sharpened way it should be above the ground?
    and what lofnet or wire should be from each other feed?

would be fun to get your help and your experience and not just focus on google.com.

tf2win@gmail.com

(I have a lot of land)

good dx 73
    TF2WIN
    Sigur­ur ˇskar
    Krossi Lundarreykjadal
    311borganes
    Iceland

http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/rhombic/text.php

Here is one website with a rhombic antenna design.

The ARRL and RSGB antenna books would also be good reading.

73, Bill

Here is detailed information:

http://www.w8ji.com/rhombic_antennas.htm

73 Tom

hello

Yes happy thanks to these websites at least when this is something I have not met but thanks for your help bill and tom. kb4qaa and w8ji.
    Sigur­ur ˇskar
    Krossi Lundarreykjadal
    311borganes
    Iceland

If you read W8JI's page, you'll see that a rhombic is not all it's cracked up to be. (In English, this means that you are wasting your time and money if you install one.)

There are some pretty tall tales about rhombics. Here's one. Take it with a large grain of salt.
    "The W6AM station was legendary around the world. Don could beat you in a pileup for some obscure African station no matter what band, and even if you were on the east coast. And him in Southern California.
    "Don was #1 on ARRL's DXCC Honor Roll, and you didn't argue. No matter where you were, no matter what you were running, Don had beaten you in a pileup. More than once."
    I'm sorry, but a rhombic is just not that good, even if you DO have one pointed at every direction of the compass as W6AM did.
    73, Mike
    http://www.w0btu.com

Nothing like a California KW to make up the difference. There have been many photos and descriptions of the amps he used over the decades; none were in QST

Rhombics work fine, they were used at many overseas ham/MARS stations and with nothing more than a 30L1 or 30S1 amp they seemed to cut thru well. Are they as good as a 20M 60' boom yagi or a 4/4? I dont know as there are too many variables.

Some of the first 2M EME was done with a rhombic before long yagi technology came along.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by KM1H View Post
    Nothing like a California KW to make up the difference. There have been many photos and descriptions of the amps he used over the decades; none were in QST
    Oh, really? :-) I wondered about that myself. Never saw any of his amps, but the feedlines, standoff/feedthru insulators, and antenna switches looked like they could handle 50 kW.

What kind of tubes did he run?
    73, Mike
    http://www.w0btu.com

Quote Originally Posted by KM1H View Post
    They're like other kilowatts but cost more than other kilowatts and think they're better than other kilowatts.

Quote Originally Posted by W0BTU View Post
    What kind of tubes did he run?
    My SWAG... big 'uns?!

From photos Ive seen and regular visitors Ive talked to usually 2 of the biggest glass jugs readily available for low-medium power commercial SW at the time going back to the early 30's. Of course an extra 6-8dB cant be considered a lot in these days of tubes with handles. Location and antenna helped in the days before Telrex Big Berthas.

okei

I want to thank for this comment, then you have to offer.

But we are also modes amateurs and we do and we have to experiment and the target remains to thank those who sent me

and spikes dx 73 TF2WIN
    Sigur­ur ˇskar
    Krossi Lundarreykjadal
    311borganes
    Iceland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast