CDE Ham III / CD-44 Ham 3 Rotor & Control Box
CDE Ham III / CD-44 Ham Radio Antenna Rotor System
This is a perfect rotor with a break mechanism which takes a wind load of up to 12.5 square feet of wind surface, this rotor will meet most any radio amateur's antenna rotating needs.
This is a used rotor system that spent just a few years mounted on a 3 section metal pipe about 35 feet up so no real wind load with very light use, single owner, and was purchased new in the box and kept that way until use. We changed locations and the beam that was on it was a light weight Cushcraft A3 beam, ideal for this rotor and mostly in a fixed position and I do not use any rotor presently. You can install one of those auto break kits on it as well if you wish.
The rotor control cable is an eight conductor cable which I cut off at both ends to keep color codes intact for easy re-installation.
I tested this unit after taking it down and it worked nicely, full rotation, solid break action, no problem.
I am asking $345 plus shipping. Can accept payment via Pay Pal. NJ6F@cox.net
HAM-3 or HAM-III
This model came out in the early 1980’s to fulfill the needs of contesters and other "big-guns" whose antennas continued to get larger as the 70's and technology progressed. The wedge brake style which had served so well for almost 20 years was being overloaded more and more often by antennas with boom lengths that exceeded that of the average tri-bander. Monoband yagis with "looooong' booms were becoming more common to the point of being normal , and the "pointed" steel brake wedge just wouldn't hold. Consequentially, a new wedge was developed that was squared off on the end, and a new brake housing design was built to match. This was an incredible improvement, and is still being used. Also at that time, the control was modernized internally with a printed circuit board to replace the old "point to point" wiring style. A disc pre-brake was also added to the motor to stop "coasting".
• Input Voltage: 12 VAC 50-60Hz
• Motor: 24 VAC, 2.25A, Capacitor Start, Capacitor Run
• Power Transformer: 120 VAC/26 VAC 10% duty, thermal switch protected
• Meter Transformer: 120 VAC/23 VAC Continuous duty
• Meter: DC voltmeter 1000 ohms/volts, 1mA full scale
• Meter Scale: Direct reading: North centered, 5 degree increments
• Recommended 8 - wire interconnect cable: Stranded Copper
• Maximum Tower Mount Antenna Size: 12.5 sq ft wind surface.
• Maximum Mast Mount Antenna Size: 7.5 sq ft wind surface.
• Rotation Time: 45 - 60 seconds with 60Hz input.
• Brake: Positive, electrically operated wedge.
• Rotator size: 8'' maximum diameter by 13.5'' high.
• Maximum antenna mast size: 2 1/16'' O.D.
• Mounting hardware: Stainless steel hardware and plated steel clamp plate.
Control unit size: 8.125'' wide x 8.25'' deep x 4.125'' high.
Last edited by NJ6F; 04-24-2011 at 12:14 AM.