ad: l-assoc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec
  1. Question VB script for Exel needed: Call Lookup on QRZ

I'm currently building a database of active hams in the area for PSHR reporting. As a bonus thought, I thought it would be a neat idea if I could add a macro into the page that would automatically convert an added callsign into a URL that would take me to the QRZ Callsign database. My problem: I don't know VB at all, but I am pretty damn good with Excel Formulas..

What I have is a column (A:A) that contains all of my call signs in the database. It is on tab (PSHR). I would love it if any value in A:A (with the exception of the headers (rows 1 - 3) are automatically created into hyperlinks. Is this possible with out adding another column?

If this is possible, could someone please paste the vbasic code so I can pop it into my spreadsheet?

This would need to work on Excel 2003 and 07.

Thanks for the help
    Phil / w2lie
    My Long Island Scanner Radio website with Live feeds: [URL="http://www.w2lie.net"]www.w2lie.net[/URL]

Haven't done VBA for Excel, but I have for Access. What I suspect you need to do is take the call sign stored as text, append the related QRZ stuff before / after it, and store it in a cell as text. Excel should recognize this as a link if the URL is formed properly. Google is your friend for VBA questions -- just don't get sucked in by the places that want membership / money for answers.

I was reading in the new 2600 about the security problems they have with VB script, so I wouldn't put one on a page.